Ford ST/RS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings All! Newbie DMan her. I have a 6month old 800 mile Modeo 2.2TDCI titanium and I'm looking for a fast road suspension kit that will slam this ride down by 50-70cm (it rides as high as a pram at the moment).

Has anyone any experience with Eibach H&R or Bilstein that would help?

Also I tried to get DMS to rechip this car but they couldn't get near the CPU as Ford have made it harder to get to than a Nun's knickers (pardon my language)

Cher

Dman

·
Registered
6 Posts
Greetings D-man,

Why are they making troubles??? The 2.2 uses the same Delphi-ECU as the 2.0 :shocked: .
We give the car about 180+ HP and 370+Nm torque, the whole procedure takes about 2 hours, including testing on the rolling road, so where's the difficulty??? :ponder:

Greetz,
Diederik

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Im looking into maybe coming over and aranging a ReMap myself.
Do we get a club discount?

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Sorry David, slight misunderstanding, I would like http://www.autotuneheinz.be/ to do my ReMapping.

Just wondered what sort of discount we might get from them?

Also what mods to to before taking the car along (mine is factory standard)

·
Getting better
370 Posts
ok
you can ask fordtune
he works there
mine was also factory standard when he went in
best results will be when you decat and put a open air filter (replacement ) in it

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Ok thanks for the info, would a K&N induction kit be ok or do they have a better air filter kits on site that we can purchase.

1 more question: Can the remapped ECU be switched back to OEM settings in the event that the vehicle has to go back to Fords for warranty purposes, eg new injectors egr fault etc etc.

I still have 18 months worth of warranty left..

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Just another point, The removal of the catalytic convertor could invalidate any MOT emmision tests which will present a problem to any UK owners.

If you get a VOSA roadside test which they have started doing down South you will get up to a £1000 fine if you have a decat vehicle. You might just get an order to recitfy the CAT and get the car retested within 10 days.

MOT Testing

·
Registered
6 Posts
There is a very nice club discount :thumb: , so that it's also interesting to come from the UK.
When the software is remapped with WDS, the chiptuning is completely removed, but that ain't a problem, because our software is undetectable with WDS or other diagnostic machines.
When the garage does this by accident, or they needed to do this for any reason, we do the tuning once again, but this time for free :shocked:

PS: if you want a better air filter, i wouldn't choose for K&N, these filters give a decrease of HP more often than an increase. It's more interesting and cheaper to buy a BMC replacement filter.

Greetz,
Diederik

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.