Ford ST/RS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ST Addict
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wipers. Bloody things.

I seem to replace them every 6 months... they do my fruit when they start scrabbling.

I've had cheapo Halfords one, cheapo eBay ones, fancy Bosch ones, over priced flat ones... they all seem to last 6 months.

Is it just me? Anyone got any recommendations for something that will last longer?

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
I just buy them from here and replace as and when, I also use rain-x
I find the cheapest ones last as long as the most expensive, but they do always last well over a year.
Have you got a very scratched/pitted windscreen which is ripping them up ?

I take it you have got water in the washer bottle LOL ! ( just takin the p*ss)

http://www.wiperblades.co.uk/ford-mondeo-estate-years-2000-to-2007-wiper-blades/

jamo

·
ST Addict
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Car sits at a train station most of the day monday to friday... wonder if it's the cr*p off the railway?

·
Premium Member
2,830 Posts
Wipers. Bloody things.

I seem to replace them every 6 months... they do my fruit when they start scrabbling.

I've had cheapo Halfords one, cheapo eBay ones, fancy Bosch ones, over priced flat ones... they all seem to last 6 months.

Is it just me? Anyone got any recommendations for something that will last longer?
Drive in reverse, that way you only have to replace one at a time so effectively doubling the life
You never said "sensible" recommendations!!

·
ST Addict
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Drive in reverse, that way you only have to replace one at a time so effectively doubling the life
You never said "sensible" recommendations!!

·
Getting better
659 Posts
Use to use some Valeo wipers that were fantastic. Easily lasted 12 months and were as near silent as possible.

Sadly no longer available and now have the Bosch blades and whilst good not quite a match for the Valeo. Bit noisier and struggle to follow curvature of screen on passenger side.

Have tried the Wiperblades 'own make' flat blades and found them a bit worse than the Bosch for noise and not following screen.

·
Getting better
659 Posts
Just to confirm the Valeo currently available on Wiperblades etc. are not the ones I've used in the past (think they were called Silencio IIRC) and are only about as good as the Bosch.

·
Flat out!
4,984 Posts
From the 30th if your a member of Costco they have the Goodyear wiper blades at half price
Those are the ones on my car. Have had the same set for years (not far off 3 I think!). My only criticism is that at motorway speed the seem to move around a bit when not on. Doesn't make a noise but the blade defo lifts a bit at one end. Still good though.

·
ST Addict
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those are the ones on my car. Have had the same set for years (not far off 3 I think!). My only criticism is that at motorway speed the seem to move around a bit when not on. Doesn't make a noise but the blade defo lifts a bit at one end. Still good though.
Cool, due to go to Costco soon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts