Ford ST/RS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Learner STdriver
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping someone out there is an expert.

came to use my washers today and there was no sign of life. Front, rear and headlight washers didnt work.

got the car on the drive and tried all the washers again and they dont work, I cant hear any sound coming from the pump(s) so i then tried the fuse under the bonnet, it wasnt the fuse as it didnt resolve it.

I have read that the relay behind the glovebox might be the culprit, does this relay run both the windscreen washer pump and the headlight washer pump.

Its lashing it down atm so i havent checked the relay yet, is this likely to be the culprit, or could both pumps have gone at the same time?

and advice is appreciated

cheers in advance

dave

·
ST DRIVER
585 Posts
try fuse in glovebox F94

·
1,760 Posts

i had the same symptoms, mine stoped working yesterday,took the pump of and found it had jamed,after proding with screwdriver its now working fine just a bit of crap in the water,

·
Learner STdriver
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
checked the fuses and there was no difference.

if the wipers are both working when i press to get the washers on, does this mean the relay is working. i have read the relay does both the wipers and the washers. would this indicate the pump has had it?

would you expect both pumps to fail at the same time, or does the main pump tell the headlight pump to spray

cheers

dave

·
Titanium X Sport 2.2
916 Posts
My 05 reg ST has only 1 washer pump & my headlamp washers will only work with the headlamps on

·
Titanium X Sport 2.2
916 Posts
Thanx for the confirmation Rocky - i did know this was the case - my comment was more of a statement of fact for davlad 01's benefit !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.