Ford ST/RS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am having huge fun with the Visteon Denso touch screen head unit in my Mondeo ST TDCI.

The original unit effectively fried itself as I changed the battery and forgot to enter the code and before I remembered my kids had entered the wrong code numerous times and it then failed to take the correct code, so a visit to the (un)helpful local Ford dealer confirmed it was kaput.

So I started hunting for one on eBay and I found one last week. After many weeks of having to listen to the wife rather than my favourite tunes by wait was over, but bugger me, having swapped the units over I was somewhat disappointed to read a message telling me that the serial number was incompatible and to contact the dealer.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can sort this out or am I forever going to have to go without music.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Stamping my carbon footprint!
525 Posts
I think the new unit has to be programmed to your car by a dealer using the Ford IDS tool to enter the VIN into it.

There's a chap on here called Alex, his username is L1XXY, he knows pretty much everything there is to know about the Denso units. It might be worth dropping him a message for some advice.

·
IDS Services Available - Denso Navigation Special
488 Posts
There is a temporary work around for your woes... as follows...

Turn Ignition on

Press & Hold the MENU button until a code entry screen appears...

Type in 842520, then enter.

PLEASE NOTE!! DO NOT press either the SW Update key or any key that says 'LOADING'... that would be bad...

Goto MISC, then select VIN UNLOCK

Press that so it goes orange.

Press the AM/FM hard key at the top

If you need to enter the code for the unit at this stage, press the on / off button on the touchscreen, that should give you the pin entry for the radio unit.

Enter that and you will have tunes back. Please note that this only works on each ignition cycle though so the process will need to repeated until you get the unit VIN coded

To get a perm fix, the unit will need the chassis number uploading via IDS. I have the same kit as your local dealer so if your not that far away from Malvern, Worcestershire i can help you out.

Would also be interested in purchasing your old unit also if still available for experimental / fault finding purposes..

Drop me a text..

07955 406 446

Alex

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi L11XXY,
I have read alot of your great posts.
I have the same problem, i have replaced the dvd drive in the boot and it needs the serial number etc...
I do not have the stereo original stereo code, but i have the matching stereo with a code... Is it easier to ch age the head unit or get the code for the original unit?
Your advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
With the help of the convenient Epicvin service, everyone has the opportunity to quickly receive complete, up-to-date and reliable information regarding any car, while they only need to know its unique VIN number. As a result, you will be able to find out the car history report sample.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts