Ford ST/RS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
journeyman
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
since fitting my svt parts ive had trouble with throttle hang which i fixed and the idle up and downing. i had it in the garage yesterday and it turns out that my tps that i had to use off my st24 with the svt tb opens the opposite way to each other so they hence cause a block and the tps doesnt trigger the little button thingy. does anyone know if it is at all possible to modify the sensor in anyway at all, cos otherwise it means buying a new st200 tb cos they dont sell the tps on its own - typical frauds

·
Registered
14 Posts
I posted a reply on MEG, heres a copy, should anyone else be interested:

Ok, been out working on the wee beastie this morning, this is what Ive found. Basically, as previously said earlier in this topic, an ST24 tps wont work on an SVT TB. reason, looking at the TB from the front of the car, the ST24 TB butterfly bar rotates clockwise, likewise the ST24 tps rotates clockwise (and snaps back fully counter clockwise). The SVT butterfly assy rotates counterclockwise, so the SVT tps needs to rotate counterclockwise and snap back clockwise.

Never the twain shall meet !

So, I would suggest you put your ST24 TB back on until, like me, you can source the correct tps. I notice that the contour guys have so far been less than helpfull.... Ive put my ST24 TB back on and the idle is immediately better, its still 950-1000 rpm, but this is down from 1200rpm. Also, ive only just reconnected it all up, so the ECU is still learning.

Hope this helps some, or atleast explains things a bit more. If i get a P/N i will let u know, can you do the same, cheers

Rich

·
journeyman
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
unfortunately though ive given these numbers to fords and they dont mean bugger all, they are neither part numbers or finis codes. so the guy at fords had ordered me a new st200 tb and we are going to have a look if there is a seperate part number for the tps, if there is he'll order me that if not i got to buy the lot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.