Ford ST/RS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a code reader on my 220 today, as I had an EML on.

I got back -

P1151 Lack of HO2S21 Switches - Sensor Indicates Lean (see P2197)

P0153 O2 Circuit Slow Response (Bank 2, Sensor 1)

P0155 O2 Heater Circuit (Bank 2, Sensor 1)

Am I right in leaning towards Lambda sensor? I know the car had a brand new front one just before I brought it.

Is the rear one easy to change myself?

Ta,

Paul :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went to Ford yesterday, they didn't know which was Bank 2! Their system said it was the same sensor front and rear too. Wanted me to pay £86 diagnostic fee to "unplug one and see what codes it chucks up".

What sort of price are you looking for? Couldn't hurt to replace the front one, which looks to be a lot easier than the rear one.

·
Stamping my carbon footprint!
525 Posts
Went to Ford yesterday, they didn't know which was Bank 2! Their system said it was the same sensor front and rear too. Wanted me to pay £86 diagnostic fee to "unplug one and see what codes it chucks up".

What sort of price are you looking for? Couldn't hurt to replace the front one, which looks to be a lot easier than the rear one.
I just did some checking around and according to this Jaguar X-Type site, bank 2 should be on the left as you stand from the flywheel end of the engine so I think it should be at the front http://www.bluejag.co.uk/X-Type bank1-sensor2.php

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I thought I'd try the unplugging method. EML came back on 3 days after resetting. Still showing the same codes. I reset the codes, and they started showing straight away on the reader. Reset them again, unplugged the front lambda, and scanned it again. This time no codes showing live. Plugged the lambda back in, and this time no codes shown.

Strange.

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
Well, I thought I'd try the unplugging method. EML came back on 3 days after resetting. Still showing the same codes. I reset the codes, and they started showing straight away on the reader. Reset them again, unplugged the front lambda, and scanned it again. This time no codes showing live. Plugged the lambda back in, and this time no codes shown.

Strange.
I paid 180 from Ford its brand new only coverd .3 of a mile so make me an offer its in the original packaging ready to go

·
Registered
1 Posts

Strange.
Have the codes come back since?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts