Ford ST/RS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically... do they actually work?

I am in the process of replacing my 2 lost
headlamp washer covers, and now see that there is a proper unit underneath. I have no button for use and no ammount of windscreen washing seems to have an effect.

Anyone know?

S

·
Registered
108 Posts
This baffled me when I first got my st as I could not find a switch or button. Apparently they come on with your front screen washer but only with the headlights on (In the cars hand book). I do mean to check this and will get round to it one day.
Couple of other cool features I didn't realise at first are that all the windows open and close if you hold the alarm button for a few secs (found this out by mistake when my key fob got jammed in my jeans pocket and all the windows came down). The seat belt warning alarm can by turned off by pressing the red release button and you can plug in your ipod/phone into an aux socket in the glove box. (thanks stdrivers.co.uk for that one)

All the best
G

·
ST Addict
1,600 Posts
Yep, headlights need to be on.

Should be obvious when you do it - mine spray so hard it runs up the bonnet!

·
ST DRIVER
585 Posts
as above i had to replace headlight washer pump there`s 2 pumps ones headlights and windscreen

·
ST DRIVER
585 Posts
as above i had to replace headlight washer pump there`s 2 pumps ones headlights and windscreen
i paid £20 for headlight washer pump second hand of ebay.if your pump does not work

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow! Thanks guys, i've got the ipod hooked up. But now I'm off to check this lot out.

If the washers do work though, it does knacker my plans for gluing the buggers on!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update:

Right, the key fob windows thing works a treat. Up or down. And the the headlamp washers finally sprayed forth with the headlamps "on". However in auto (which I leave it on), the headlamp washers don't work. Lights on or not.

I'll try the seatbelt ding later.

By the way, does anyone else's washer covers regularly fall off?

·
Premium Member
2,830 Posts
Never had issues with headlamp washer covers coming off. Even had a slight bump a while back, right on the left bumper corner and the cover stayed in place and intact

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I lost 1 which looked awful, and whilst waiting for the replacement to be painted lost the other!

I am now waiting for the 2nd to be painted, can't work out what knocked them off, there was no whacks etc.

Still the ST bodykit is a little on the dodgy-fitting side all round.

Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 of them may have been, although there aren't any others nearby. The other seemingly just dropped off

·
Premium Member
2,830 Posts
1 of them may have been, although there aren't any others nearby. The other seemingly just dropped off
Bit of an odd statement. Unless you have driven every street in your area or have access to the DVLA database how can you be 100% sure? Not only that but its common practise amongst the thieving little toe rags to browse forums to see which parts are easily nickable - then they go out on a "shopping" spree and invariably the parts end up on ebay

·
Premium Member
2,830 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Basically... do they actually work?

I am in the process of replacing my 2 lost
headlamp washer covers, and now see that there is a proper unit underneath. I have no button for use and no ammount of windscreen washing seems to have an effect.

Anyone know?

S
as far as i am aware they only come on at night i may be wrong but i also had to change my covers as the jet wash and them never really got on

·
Registered
443 Posts
On my diesel they only seem to come on every 3rd window wash, if that makes sense.
I think there is a fuse also which makes them work, make sure the fuse is working.
Mine weren't working, as I have the washer covers I thought I must have them. Had it at Fords for a service I asked the fella to have a look at them. I had spare fuses in my pulldown by the steering wheel, they replaced the old fuse and now they work.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts