Ford ST/RS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
rob_betelgeuse
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone who has completed the conversion of ST220 front brakes to Focus ST (ASBO), please give me a list of all the parts I'll need.

I know everyone says the conversion is simple, but I intend to purchase all the required parts, and take it down to my local garage.

If I can find second hand parts, can you confirm the part numbers, or the years of manufacture, which will be acceptable?

I will be replacing the existing brake lines, with braided HEL, does anyone have the specific names, part numbers I'll need for the ST220?

Are there any additional items, spacers, fitting kits, etc, that I'll need?

My ST220 is on 06 plate, facelift, standard 18in Ford alloys.

·
Premium Member
6,536 Posts
Very simple mate

Focus st calipers
Focus st carriers
Focus st front disks
Focus st front pads
Dot 5.1 brake fluid (ford will tell you dot 4 but use 5.1)
HEL brake lines, get ones for the focus st, when I did the conversion on my old diesel focus, the st ones fitted it no problem.

Go to a scrap yard and get the carriers and calipers off that. But new pads, disks, brake lines and fluid. All in for parts should be around £300-350, fitting should be around £75 maximum.

·
Premium Member
6,536 Posts
There is a lot of concussion about the parts and the years that will fit. All focus st brakes from 2005 - 2010 will fit, they are all the same. The only thing I would buy extra is new seals for the actual calipers, they are about £8 per side.

·
rob_betelgeuse
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:) Thanks for the info....

·
Post Whore
4,808 Posts
Hi

Photo shows items you require from Focus.

2 x Calipers

2 x Carriers

2 x Pad retaining clips.

You then require a pair of 320mm dia Focus discs and set of pads.

I would also suggest you get a set of new caliper fixing bolts from Ford, 4 off Part No.1447853

Peter

Attachments

·
rob_betelgeuse
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Peter....

·
Regular ST poster
3,502 Posts
I'd stay away from braided lines, too many horror stories for my liking.

·
rob_betelgeuse
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK Jonsen, thanks for the tip....

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Unless you plan on racing on the track where very hard extreme braking happens often braided hoses are a waste of money. They'll make no difference whatsoever to your everyday road driving.

·
rob_betelgeuse
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Stu, I've already struck them from my wanted list.... Cheers...

·
Just passed!
741 Posts
All you need : http://www.stdrivers.co.uk/forum/topic/35479-set-of-asbos-for-sale-discs-pads-with-carriers-clips-the-works/

Make me an proper offer! They were on my car for 4 yrs until last month. No problem with seals etc. bolts included, about an hours work to swap em (hard part is jacking the car up!!).

I just connected them to the existing brake lines on the Mondy. I think changing the brake likes looked like more trouble that it's worth (thigh these are supplied with the brake likes from the FocusST.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very simple mate

Focus st calipers
Focus st carriers
Focus st front disks
Focus st front pads
Dot 5.1 brake fluid (ford will tell you dot 4 but use 5.1)
HEL brake lines, get ones for the focus st, when I did the conversion on my old diesel focus, the st ones fitted it no problem.

Go to a scrap yard and get the carriers and calipers off that. But new pads, disks, brake lines and fluid. All in for parts should be around £300-350, fitting should be around £75 maximum.
hi m8 . not sure you will see this as it was so long ago the comment, but i have ordered focus st callipers for my mondeo st, i also need focus st discs right ? cant use the mondeo discs can i

1 - 14 of 14 Posts