Ford ST/RS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to get my ST200 serviced for the first time since I bought it. Now going on the assumption that the garage staff aren't the brightest bunch and think its an ST24 are there any specific ST200 only parts which are changed/replaced during the service?

·
Registered
3 Posts
The only different thing I can think of is the spark plugs, if they are due. The oil/air/fuel and cabin filters are the same as an ST24.

·
On an ST forum, without an ST. Hmmm!!
401 Posts
Mines in at the moment getting a full service done. First one since I bought the car too.

Fingers crossed all goes to plan.

·
On an ST forum, without an ST. Hmmm!!
401 Posts
234 notes for a 60k service. Not too unreasonable from a main dealer I suppose. That's basically sparks, filters and oil. Oh and a new sump plug.

Interestingly enough, considering the discussions I have seen flying around on the subject, Ford used Castrol GTX Magnatec oil!!! Had I known that I would have supplied the damn stuff it would have been cheaper.

·
Super Moderator
2,923 Posts
yeah when i used to work as a service advisor at a ford dealership one of the biggest markups was on the oil, i think it was about 350-400% profit

·
Registered
3 Posts
For dealer in Edinburgh uses Castrol Oil but it isn't Magnatec, it's a mineral 5w/30.
We sell Castrol at work and I asked the Rep about this, deffo mineral oil, he sells it to them!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts