Ford ST/RS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Learner STdriver
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have an 06 2.2 St TDCi changed my brakes a couple of years ago to, Redstuff pads front and rear, and CRN Grooved discs.

Recently had a squeel from the brakes/ wheels, checked for wobble and there is none, so i am ruling out bearings.

Took the front wheels off and i have found.

Drivers side, inside pad is extremely low, caliper is not rubbing on the disc.

Passenger side, pads have worn evenly but it the caliper is rubbing on the disc.

Has anyone had any problems with redstuff pads and CRN discs, do the pads cause the discs to buckle under the heat? any reason for the uneven wear and the caliper rubbing on the discs.

cheers in advance for any thoughts/ideas

Dave

·
Motorman116
2,249 Posts
As to the Drivers side inner brake pad worn low, it could be a couple of things that cause this, 1 The sliders have seized, 2 they are prone for the outer brake pad sticking ' seizing in, this causes adverse wear on the inner brake pad....

·
Warrior
4,400 Posts
I can't see how the caliper could rub on the disc even if the pad's were worn down to the backing plates the calipers still shouldn't be able to touch the disc. As for uneven wear, as above something has siezed on the caliper and not allowing the pads to release properly.

·
ST DRIVER
585 Posts
sounds like caliper overhaul. guide bush slides seizing up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts