Ford ST/RS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this may be a dumb newbie question, but at first glance through the spokes it looks like my car is running ebc greenstuffs on the front of the car and redstuffs on the back

This seems a bit odd to me as i thought red were more of a trackpad and if for some clever reason you were to mix the too you would be inclined to do it the other way around assuming the fronts do most the work

Greenstuff were horrid on my other car so they wouldnt be my first choice

Any thoughts ??

The brakes seem fine i should add

·
NEIL
6,177 Posts
Never used green or red stuff b4 so can't coment ...
But if it ain't broke ...!!!!

·
injector killer
329 Posts
i had red stuff on my astra gsi they really need heat in them but didnt like, i just go with mintex seem fine never any probs as before if it aint broke but they aint cheap to buy if me remembers correctly

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i tend to think of red stuff as agressive track pads, which seems odd for the back ( probably odd for the front )

The ST is my every day car so i am sure as and when I will replace with something less full on ( and not ebc i use their discs but have never liked their pads ) oem or mintex i guess ?

Dont really want to throw good pads away

·
NEIL
6,177 Posts
I'm on mintex as are alot of the guys on here ...
Work great 4 me ...!!!

·
Just passed!
209 Posts
+1 mintex all the way

·
Just passed!
209 Posts
+1 mintex all the way

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol i am feeling the love for mintex

which spec

I have tried 1144s on the elise and they are ok but wilt quite easily and make more dust than a quad bike in a sandstorm

·
Scottish Meet Organiser
7,937 Posts
lol i am feeling the love for mintex

which spec

I have tried 1144s on the elise and they are ok but wilt quite easily and make more dust than a quad bike in a sandstorm
I wouldn't expect the mintex pads would stand up to the Elise?!?

Get some Ferodo's on there!!!

·
Flat out!
4,984 Posts
I don't see why people love the Mintex so much. I put a set on my car and am somewhat underwhelmed. They do the job fine and I've never thought 'sh!t, I can't stop', but likewise they have never made me think 'wow these are great, might start braking a bit later for corners'. The resist fade slightly better than OEM Ford pads, but still not all that well. Fine pads, good for the money, but there are better performing pads out there if you like to drive hard.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The ST is my shopping car , its not like I am gonna track it or anything

I run oversize ali bell discs on the elise with carbon lorraine pads and combined with track tyres ( AO48s ) it will stop faster than almost anything on a trackday

I was just a bit bemused by the ebc combo, would at least have thought if you were gonna mix em the red stuffs would be on the front

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.