Ford ST/RS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone!

looking for some advice from some seasoned st owners

i got a 3.0 duratec st with a really bad knocking coming from bank 1!

im trying to find out if i can fit the more reliable 2.5 lump in out of the st200 because ive heard that the basics are the same???

has anybody had this done before or know if it is possible or not?

or my other option is to try and find bottom end parts for the 3.0 engine

any ideas please!

·
Registered
47 Posts
hi mate welcome ,there has been an st220 engine fitted in st200 so cant see why not the other way around ,jay.

·
Scottish Meet Organiser
7,937 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi all,just to update forgot to say that i stripped down the camshaft covers and cant find any kind of damage in there(which i was kinda hoping for!!)..

anyhow thanks for the warm welcome to st drivers club!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi mate welcome ,there has been an st220 engine fitted in st200 so cant see why not the other way around ,jay.
hi mate,so all the bits are interchangeable? because its so easy to pick up a 2.5 engine and i really dont want to get another 3.0 if i cant buy spares for it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just to let any followers of my topic know my 3.0 st's progress!took the sump off saturday and found loads of nasty shards in it,turns out that the con rod bearing has disintegrated.i managed to find out that the 2.5ltr bearings do actually fit so i got a set and fitted them earlier!!
sounding good but just a slight knocking around 3000 revs,think a set of oversize bearings will be ordered next to compensate for the slight wear to my crankshaft.
all in all im pleased with the result and my car is almost saved from getting broke into small e b a y pieces.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts