Ford ST/RS Forum banner
2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  stocka 
#1 ·
Hello all, yes I'm new here. Unfortunately I couldn't bring cake or beer as a gift since this is on the internet, so I hope you'll forgive me...

I have a question regarding spacers, as I'm thinking about getting some for my MK2 Mondy (ST200 replica). YES, REPLICA! I can't afFORD the real thing, although I WILL get a real ST one day, it's just now that the insurrance is so high. (I pay £1.500 a year just to drive in my 4 cylinder).

I've seen a post by "lordG" in which he installed 20mm spacers on his ST220 (looks fantastic btw), but as mine is a MK2, I need to know:

if it's possible?

If it is, what dimensions should i get when thinking about TÜV approval and if it can pass MOT?

Has anyone of you made this modification on your Mondy's`? (Whould be great to see some examples so I can get an idea on how it would look).

Cheers from Denmark.

#2 ·
Welcome to the Forum

Best thing to do mate is email Eibach, they make hubcentric spacers for almost every car on the road and will be able to advise you on what's possible and which of there spacers you need!

Now get some pics up caus......

#3 ·
How old are you? That's high insurance do you think it may be because its a rep? Upgrade to the mk3 st tdci cheap tax insurance and fule

#4 ·
Thank's a lot for the help. I found a Danish importer of Eibach stuff (autech.dk) so I'll contact them as soon as I have the money for it.

Regarding the insurance, I'm 20 years old (got my current and first car when I was 19½ years old (½ a year ago)) and it's the cheapest insurance I could get as others were around £3.000 a year, but that's how the laws are here. It's listed as fully standard, even though I've got a complete RSAP kit with 2 sets of ST200 rims (1 set for each season).

The ST TDCi is not sold here in Denmark and even if it was, it would cost over £11.000 to buy. Plus, I'm a young petrolhead
so diesel is like the devils fuel to me.

I could ramble all day about the negativities of cars in Denmark, but this isn't the thread for it.

#5 ·
If you have insured it as standard and you have mods your insurance will be invalid

#6 ·
You could say that yes, but almost all youth's do the same here (Not telling the insurance company about modifications).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.