Ford ST/RS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many mp3 can i put on a disc for it to work.
i tried just putting them on a disc in the root file and it failed to work. Has anyone got mp3 to play on it? Also 3.5mm jack in glove box is great!

·
56 Posts
depends on the bitrate (128k/s, 320k/s etc)

usually about 10 albums average on 1 CD rom.

it might not play re-writable CD's and make sure you closed the CD when you burnt it, and make sure you burnt it as a data CD

·
stranger
179 Posts
where is the plug located and do all models have it also what can you plug into it
mp3 player etc

·
stranger
179 Posts
whta lead would i need to connect an mp3 player to this input i have tried a lead with 2 x 3.5mm but it did not work

·
stranger
47 Posts
1st-ly, hi all

have ordered my ST TDCI, being built June 8th :0(

silly question perhaps, is the Sony 6 disc unit actually MP3 compatible ?

only ask as currently driving Focus MP3 and thought Sony MP3 head different on TDCI than the Titanium X (does have MP3 single slot player)

anyone ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Maddog said:
Nope, the ST TDCi 6 disc unit does not play MP3s, only normal audio CDs - shame really, as this would have been really useful.
This is right (I have just checked the manual).

The 6CD unit does not play MP3 but the single CD Sony unit does play MP3 files on a CD or CDRW.

But at least the 6CD will play CDRW. On the old car (that did not like CDRW discs) I must have burnt hundreds of CDs over the last year or so.

I have also only played with the aux input but seems to work a treat though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.