Ford ST/RS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently replaced the reverse parking switch (on gearbox) for my mondeo mk3 2007 TDCI ST. Reverse lights now work fine, but when reverse gear is selected, the rear parking sensors beep once but dont beep when reversing towards a wall or car behind.

I have pulled out the plug to the parking distance distance control box in boot and plugged back next day, but no change. This may sound like a silly question, but where are the rear parking sensors? I cannot see where there are situated in the rear bumper to check for gunk or damage?

Cheers.

·
Getting better
1,125 Posts
Hi.
Mine are clearly visible in the back bumper - four or five, spaced about a foot apart. Are you sure you have them?!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep. Before the reverse switch failed, rear parking beeps worked fine. It beeps once now, when reverse is selected but nothing else happens. I see no evidence of sensors in the bumper. Its the MK3 TDCI ST version - must be hidden, but I cannot find them.

·
Learner STdriver
40 Posts
Can you take a picture of your bumper and post?

·
Getting better
1,125 Posts
IMG-20181126-100513.jpg
If you can't make them out, let me know and I'll get a better picture for you. They're like four buttons. They were fitted after purchase (but by Ford), so maybe yours are different. Having said that I've had the bumper replaced in the past and they had to get a bumper with the holes in (having first sourced one with no holes, so it must be original?). Good luck!

·
Getting better
1,125 Posts
Hmm.. That looks awful! I'll do another in a bit.

·
Getting better
1,125 Posts
IMG-20190422-090536.jpg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Thanks - picture of rear bumper attached. Obviously there is no sign of rear sensors, but the car has them. It beeps once when reverse is selected, but doesn't beep when nearing a wall or other vehicle (it worked perfectly fine before the reverse switch needed to be replaced). Any advice on what to check next is appreciated.

·
Getting better
1,125 Posts
That's a bit odd! I can't think where they'd be mounted, or how they work as they're presumably behind the bumper somewhere.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am stumped too! Its got its MOT next week - once thats over with I may attempt to remove the rear under tray and have a look, but I i bet the screws or bolts will be rusted solid. Its annoying me as I know the rear parking sensors (wherever they are) worked fine before, otherwise I'd leave it.

·
Getting better
1,125 Posts
Yep. Nothing worse than something not working!

·
Getting better
1,125 Posts

·
Getting better
1,125 Posts

·
Getting better
1,125 Posts
????

1 - 15 of 15 Posts