Ford ST/RS Forum banner

Racechip Tuning Box? 129Euros And 197Ps End Result?

15K views 34 replies 8 participants last post by  mk3_turbo 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have come across a German company selling a chip they claim increases the ST TDCI power upto 197PS and 426nm torque ...........................................for 129 EUROS!

Very sceptical as I guess most of us will be as no other tuner- inc Blufin increase the power anywhere near this much and for a 3rd of the price?!?!?!?!?!

Includes postage too apparently- not sure import tax is payable on this small figure but correct me if i'm wrong.

For 129 Euro i may just take a gamble and risk being conned at the hope it pays off!

#3 ·
have you checked the feed back from the chip mate, if you did get the chip would you put it on a rollin road to see if there right

Reactions: daddycoz
#6 ·
Not had a look at feedback but would be interesting to check- defo have to put it on a RR to prove their claims- Mine is completely standard at the moment so if it works it should produce the claimed figure- if it turns up at all!

Group buy if it works??? haha

#7 ·
if not do they give you your money back, your would be good it being standard
if you not sure about it don't get it for what they came mate
if you tend on doing more mods/up grades i would suggest leave the remap to last you will see better results if you go down that way

#12 ·
Review from a beamer owner who fitted one.

http://www.e90post.c...ad.php?t=261292
Thanks for finding that, sounds like it works!? No mention of % power increase though.

Seems a bit of hassle fiddling about with dials and a car in limp home is awful and annoying (had faulty coils on my V6 C5 undiagnosed by the stupid Citroen garage- before the French auto box decided to die!)

Very tempted- the standard one for 129Euros and 197PS and 426 Nm or the pro version for 229Euros and 203 PS and 447nm torque??? Decisions decisions.

#20 · (Edited by Moderator)
200bhp and 314.20 foot pounds lol

(beat me to it :-( )

#23 ·
Afraid not, mate has convinced me to get a custom remap instead and Angel tuning are doing a full custom map for £195 if you take it to them mon-fri and it includes diagnostic, map and test and they quote power upto 187BHP and 45 lb/ft increase in torque so I think I may go for that and play it safe!

MOT all done now and only 2 new boots needed so now i can spend

#24 ·
you'll not be disappointed with the custom map, it will be saver than the box any way
if you are for doing other mods get them done then get the map you'll get the best result that way
thats a good price when i got my tddi mapped it was £200 plus vat mine was a run on the dyno pac before and after think they done the diagnostics as well

#25 ·
Yea i was going to sort the zorst out first cause mines missing the silver tailpipe trim and it looks daft with the big cutout on rear bumper so may go for a full stainless custom and upgrade brakes and possibly suspension. New IC and air filter first call though!

#26 ·
I just got a full powerflow mate as was also missing the chrome tailpipe, Highly reccommend them as was good price and quaility is very good, Oh and the sound with decat is great

#33 ·
Cool!

Know a couple of guys on here have had their cars pass ok with a decat on so hoping it should be ok but may check with my garage guy to make sure he will pass it still

#34 ·
alot of garages that do the mot aren't sure themselves at the minute with the new rules and that just keep a hold of your cat just incase. you wont want to sell it then have to buy one say in another couple of months time

#35 ·
After some initial confusion - for a diesel -

You do not need a cat- a decat will pass a UK MOT in 2012

only the particulates (smoke) are measured

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.