Ford ST/RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Modding noob
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have come across a German company selling a chip they claim increases the ST TDCI power upto 197PS and 426nm torque ...........................................for 129 EUROS!

Very sceptical as I guess most of us will be as no other tuner- inc Blufin increase the power anywhere near this much and for a 3rd of the price?!?!?!?!?!

Includes postage too apparently- not sure import tax is payable on this small figure but correct me if i'm wrong.

For 129 Euro i may just take a gamble and risk being conned at the hope it pays off!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
have you checked the feed back from the chip mate, if you did get the chip would you put it on a rollin road to see if there right

Reactions: daddycoz

·
Scottish Meet Organiser
7,937 Posts
Get in there and be a Guinea Pig mate!

If you can get a RR to prove there claims we'll all have them!

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
+1 even though it wouldn't work on my tddi lol

·
Modding noob
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not had a look at feedback but would be interesting to check- defo have to put it on a RR to prove their claims- Mine is completely standard at the moment so if it works it should produce the claimed figure- if it turns up at all!

Group buy if it works??? haha

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
if not do they give you your money back, your would be good it being standard
if you not sure about it don't get it for what they came mate
if you tend on doing more mods/up grades i would suggest leave the remap to last you will see better results if you go down that way

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
i have heard of them how long you had it fitted

·
Modding noob
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can't see why not, I've got a roveron tuning box on mine and at channel 7 it's gets 193bhp with 318ib/ft.
129 Euros though- that's just shy of £110 Delivered!

·
Modding noob
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Review from a beamer owner who fitted one.

http://www.e90post.c...ad.php?t=261292
Thanks for finding that, sounds like it works!? No mention of % power increase though.

Seems a bit of hassle fiddling about with dials and a car in limp home is awful and annoying (had faulty coils on my V6 C5 undiagnosed by the stupid Citroen garage- before the French auto box decided to die!)

Very tempted- the standard one for 129Euros and 197PS and 426 Nm or the pro version for 229Euros and 203 PS and 447nm torque??? Decisions decisions.

·
Scottish Meet Organiser
7,937 Posts
Very tempted- the standard one for 129Euros and 197PS and 426 Nm or the pro version for 229Euros and 203 PS and 447nm torque???
In Scottish please?

·
Modding noob
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hmmm i prefer BHP and ft/lb too but dunno how to convert- standard 155PS is 153BHP i think so not far out on power but torque is way different!

·
Modding noob
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
194.3 BHP and 314 lb/ft for 109Quid

·
Registered
191 Posts
200bhp and 314.20 foot pounds lol

(beat me to it :-( )

1 - 20 of 35 Posts