Ford ST/RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you use?

This year i'm using some Klasse products. Firstly using an all-in-one polish and the applying layers of sealent glaze.
On my second layer at the moment, going to add another today!
(once i've washed it...)

·
Registered
5 Posts
How do you wash your car to begin with. I took my car to a mate of mine with a body shop and he told me that steam cleaners don't do you body work any good. I use to take my to a hand car wash but not any more.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Meguiars ScratchX and 3-Step are the main things I use.

Have used AG before and that is good but I have the best results with Meguiars.

I spend hours cleaning my car but I have it down to a fine art now.

·
Registered
173 Posts
i also use mequires, takes about 5-6 hours, is this to long to clean my car or do we all take this much time and care.
It is not too long, I would be out there polishing and waxing the car all day long if I thought I could get away with it...

If you want a great looking car then you have to put the effort in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I use Dri wash'n guard by Go-waterless. No need to wash the car just spray onto bodywork, buff and polish off,works on glass and rubber trim as well. The metal polish is also very good even on aluminium.We have a Vauxhall Nova we show at car shows and that's all I've ever used on it. You can polish it the day before,get to the show,just go over it with a damp cloth and buff it back up to a deep shine,very good on dark colours , HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT. :thumb:

·
Regular ST poster
631 Posts
i use turtlewax wash and wax and a chamis (not just any old chamis leather though its got to be of good quality other wise your wasting your time)and if you dont believe me look at the pics and took no more then and hour

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
chef said:
my st200ltd is murder to polish allways looks streaky any ideas ?
Hi

Use a good shampoo (Meguiars nxt) with a synthetic wash mitt, then chamois the water off.

Next I would use a paint cleaner to clear the grime, water marks and excess dirt. On to the polish to make a nice smooth finish. Finally a good quality wax (Gold Class or NXT).

Should leave the car with a nice deep shine.

Remember to use a different towel(s) for wiping off each coat.

Hope this helps...

:)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.