Ford ST/RS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have had my ST24 for just over a year, it came with 2 years warranty and has had an oil leak since i bought it. Only very slight, the only traces of oil i can see are sitting on the wishbone (drivers side) and splattered on the block. The auxillary belt has started squeeling as it is soaked in oil, garage have replaced Steering pump cos they thought that would solve it and 3 new belts, and they have had it back about a dozen times. Does any body have any idea where this may be coming from, the garage seem to be useless and i am running out of warranty time.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had two sources of the oil where you mention it. The first was from the cooling water tank. My heads had blown and some oil was making it back to the expansion tank and then being blown all over that area when the car was rev'd hard. The other was from the power steering pump return line. The large black hose jubilee clip was only just gripping the hose and so oil was leaking out.
Other than that I can only think that the timing cover hasn't sealed properly or the crankcase vent is leaking. You'll have to take the LIM off to get to it.

HTH.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.