Ford ST/RS Forum banner

Newbie From Scotland Saying Hello. Just Bought Mondeo St Tdci

1K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  rossphim 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi Guys ,

New to this forum so go easy on me.

Just purchased my first Mondeo ST. Been after one for a long time so delighted to finally get the one I wanted.

Will post photos of the car when I officially pick it up.

Any advice , mods , tips , common fault warnings would be fantastic. Although I think i have read most of the forum and got a lot of the common ones i.e. EGR valve, DM flywheel etc etc.

But anyway just wanted to say Hi.

Regards,

C.

#6 ·
Hello & welcome 2 STdrivers ....

Proper colour ...????????????????

#7 ·
Welcome. What part of Scotland?

#11 ·
What can I say. It's the nicest colour ........IMO. Might be the wrong part of the forum , but looking to get a remap done on it. Any suggestions?? I had a custom map on my Leon FR which seemed to work ok for it. Tempted to go for that again.

#14 ·
Was a custom map from the guys at Konzept autohaus. Had originally wanted a revo remap but due to having the old PPD engine in my Leon had to go down the route of custom map. Tbh its the best £250 quid I spent. The Leon pulled like a train and went from 170bhp to 210bhp.

#18 ·
Least ya notice them guys ...
Instead of just walking past the silver & black 1's thinking they're LX's ....

????????????????????

Reactions: GazSTmondy
#21 ·
Evening All,

Just a quick update on the motor. Picked it up from the dealership , rattle coming for the engine so booked it back into the dealership to get it looked at. Turns out it needs a new clutch ,slave, dual mass flywheel, fan belt and fan belt tensioner. Not too great.

On the plus side the dealership is paying for the whole lot.

HAPPY DAYS!!!!

I'll get photos up when i get the chance.

Over and out.

C.

#23 ·
Evening All,

Just a quick update on the motor. Picked it up from the dealership , rattle coming for the engine so booked it back into the dealership to get it looked at. Turns out it needs a new clutch ,slave, dual mass flywheel, fan belt and fan belt tensioner. Not too great.

On the plus side the dealership is paying for the whole lot.

HAPPY DAYS!!!!

I'll get photos up when i get the chance.

Over and out.

C.
Thats good news at least you know its been done! :L

Which end of Scotland are you from? There a quite a few of us on here and tend to meet up all over the place!

Enjoy!

By-the-way. You defo bought the correct colour for an ST! :L :stir: :L

#25 ·
StuC's your man for meets, although hes been quiet since he damaged his hand.

I recon he's frequenting the Jap forums more, as I'm pretty sure his ST is going soon!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.