Ford ST/RS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Knucking Fackered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[color:red]Well here it is... The BIG One for this year, a show not to be missed! :L [/color]

Attachments

·
Knucking Fackered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
MEGaPod-09 (The National MEG/ST-Drivers Event 2009)

When: Sunday 12th July 2009

Where: Santa Pod Raceway, near Wellingborough, Northamptonshire

Getting there: StaNav = NN29 7XA ; Address details = http://www.santapod.co.uk/g_find.php

Cost (per-person): £12 advanced booking / £15 on the gate...
Gates open at 8am and kids under thirteen are free* (advance booking required for those wishing to have their car(s) on the stand...
*Max 3x children per-adult attending entitled to Free admission.

[color:blue]We are delighted to announce that fordmondeo.org and st-drivers.co.uk will be holding it's official summer National Event this year at SantaPod. This is in conjunction with the multi-marque Retro show 2009.[/color] :)

Attendance at this event is open to [color:brown]all [/color]registered members and invited guests wishing to have their car on the Stand (All makes/models and no matter how modified or standard)... Alternatively, just come along on the day to meet up with site members and the stand's exhibits as well as take in the extraordinary things that are scheduled to take place on the day (see details below). :L

Remember folks... All cars are welcome on the Stand, no matter how modded or how standard.

What's planned for the day is;

1. National MEG/ST-Drivers Event:
In addition to the main event 'Show & Shine trophy' (see 6. below) we will be holding competitions for best RWYB and best presented car(s), plus plenty of other prizes too (revealed on the day).

2. RWYB (run what you brung):
This was highly popular for both drivers and spectators at MEGaPod-08... Sign-on costs for you and your car for RWYB is £25 for the day, that allows unlimited runs up the 1/4 mile strip as you want in your own car. (Make sure to bring along your driving licence!).

3. Jet Car and top-fuel Funny car & Dragster demos:
see these behemoths do 1/4 mile runs up the strip at over 200mph, with the jet car as quick as 6 seconds (290mph+)!

4. Monster Truck demos:
see monster truck Podzilla, jumping and crushing piles of cars.

5. Autotest:
test your skills and precision to get around our handling circuit in your car? Its not just about speed, it's about driving ability and keeping a cool head! Free to participate (Make sure to bring along your driving licence!).

6. Show & Shine:
like other big shows, there will be prizes awarded for best in their category. MEG and ST-Drivers members and their car(s) will be competing for 'Modern Retro' trophy.

7. Other things organised for the day are:
Traders, Live Bands, Auto Jumble, Club Stands, Camping, Cars 4 Sale Paddock, and a Fairground.

[color:red]I appreciate there's a lot of info to absorb in this thread and the others below it, but it's one hell of a day out and there's a lot of infomation to get across to you. Once you've got all the info needed, please go to the Attendee List thread and add your name to the list if you are likely to attend...[/color] Thanks! :)

·
Knucking Fackered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is 'MEGaPod-09'? :ponder:
FAQ-1
It's the Show for the summer season, an event designed to appeal to ALL registered MEG & ST-Drivers members :L

I would like to go, but my car is pretty Standard and I'm not sure that it's 'show-worthy' :ponder:
FAQ-2
The show Stand is open to ALL vehicles, whether they are Standard or Modified .
We do expect that Stand vehicles are reasonably cleaned though; whether that's a quick Jet wash & vaccum, or a full on scrub-down polish & detail. Full info is in the ' Rules & Guidance ' thread :L

I would like to go, but don't want to show my car on the Stand :ponder:
FAQ-3
No problem… You're more than welcome to come to the event and participate with members showing their cars on the Stand, as well as take in all the exiting attractions that are planned for the day. Parking would be in the general admissions carpark :L

I would like to go to MEGaPod-09 and be on the Stand, but I no longer own a Mondeo or Ford ST :ponder:
FAQ-4
All marques are welcome on the Stand :L

I would like to bring family members to the event but I'm not sure they'd be that keen :ponder:
FAQ-5
The event is at Santa Pod, the European home of Drag Racing… What's on there during the day should appeal to not just the avid motorsport fan, but members wanting a day out for all family members, and remember, kids under 13 go FREE :)

I'd like to do the 1/4 mile runs but won't have my car on the show Stand
FAQ-6
No problem, just buy your ticket on the day... Remember that for 1/4 runs and the Autotest you'll need to bring your photocard driving licence with you

I am travelling a distance to get there and would need to stop overnight, where do I stay? :ponder:
FAQ-7
The nearest town is Wellingborough, and has quite a few hotels and guest houses http://www.information-britain.co.uk/hoteltowns.cfm?town=Wellingborough&county=14
Aditionally, there is limited camping/caravan facilities at Santa Pod itself, as well as full facilities at the Billing Aquadrome campsite which is 20 minutes away from the Event.
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=1370

Do I need to bring a full-face helmet for the RWYB :ponder:
FAQ-8
Yes, if you expect to cross the 1/4 mile line in excess of 110mph. e.g. If your car is expected to do the 1/4 mile in about 13 seconds then you should bring a full-face helmet. Generally, cars that are turbo/supercharged or acheive a 0-60mph in about 6 seconds or less are in that bracket :L

What time is everybody planning to get there?
FAQ-9
Gates open to the public at 8am, so it would be good idea to get there around that time, or (like going to other shows) perhaps a little earlier in order to avoid the queues and grab an oppertunity to do final cleaning post-journey should it be needed.
For those not showing, turn up when you like… :)

How do we pay for the clubstand? Paypal I assume.
FAQ-10
Payment instructions will be provided in the Attendee List thread a few days prior to the closing date (29 June 09) for those on the show Stand.
For those not showing, either pay at the gate on the day or look at the attendee list thread around the 24th June 09 to see details for discounted entry when using advance ticket booking :L

Do we get a "pass" to get on the Stand and is sitting allowed?
FAQ-11
If you intend being on the show Stand, yes, in addition to enrty passes, you will get a 'Show Pass' which enables you to drive past the public carpark and get to where your car will be displayed on the show Stand. Don't get this confused with the Spectator's Grandstand, that's free and is for viewing events taking place up the 1/4 mile strip…

·
Knucking Fackered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mods/Admin. Please lock & 'sticky' this thread then delete this post, thanks. :L

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.