Ford ST/RS Forum banner

Meeting in August

9K views 78 replies 17 participants last post by  thesock 
#1 ·
Guys just thinking about the next Mids meet as i have a busy month in Aug so the best day for me is Sunday 16th Aug how does this grab people??

A couple of suggestions i know are flying around for venues as i think the general concensus was that motorway services although convinient were a little dull lol

Suggestions so far have been:
Coombe Abbey country park
Rutland Water

Personally i think Rutland water sounds like a plan but anybody got any better ideas shout um up! :)

Somewhere within close proximaty to a berger king or kfc would be preferable so that Dave doesn't go hungry that day!! LOL

Thoughts?? :driving:

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Im game for either?

I can always bring a "pack up" :laugh:

Only thing stopping me is the impending socklette who will be joining us anytime around then :thumb:

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Actually thinkng about it how about the 2nd ??
Seems i was a little quick out the blocks saying i can only make one date in Aug seems i can do any Sunday apart from 9th :) :L

#5 ·
Should be ok

#7 ·
be better to make it for when we can all get there :)
So for me eithe 2nd 16th or 23rd :)
2nd best though :L

#8 ·
only restraints I got are work (which I can adjust accordingly) and as said the future Deamon seed!

Kaz would like to come to the next meet too, but I dont fancy her going into labour whilst im being chased by chris at supersonic speeds lol

#9 ·
[color:red]List[/color]: 2nd Aug - venue tba
Steph & Gray aka V6 Steph & Crazed1981
Beaz aka Beaz

#10 ·
List: 2nd Aug - venue tba
Steph & Gray aka V6 Steph & Crazed1981
Beaz aka Beaz
Sock & Kaz (and maybe baby Socklette)

#11 ·
thesock said:
Only thing stopping me is the impending socklette who will be joining us anytime around then :thumb:
The 15th would be a good day Socko ....My Birthday! lol

I'd love to come and meet you lovely people but I play me horn most weekends.

#12 ·
Its my birthday on the 22nd of Aug!

Dare I ask what you mean by play your horn? :confused:

#14 ·
the ford fair at silverstone is on the 2nd, would have thought most people would be attending that

#18 · (Edited by Moderator)
Bleeno said:
Lol Dave .... I play the Tenor horn for a local band ....

I'm the one at the back to the right of the Tuba.
Well this may suprise you but I was only one Grade away from getting letters after my name on the Cornet :grin:

Was raised in the Salvation army (its all gone so wrong lol) so used to be able to play any brass instrument except the trombone

was also lucky enough to play with the William Davis construction group band (was dating the conductors daughter) which also led to me having dinner with Roy Castle the year before he died (Fantastic bloke who did lots for the sally army)

*Sock now stands back and awaits people to rip him a new one*

#19 ·
I cant make the 2nd either, forgot im out with the "rents"

#24 ·
More like you got to ask her if you can come out to play!

#26 ·
crazed1981 said:
thesock said:
More like you got to ask her if you can come out to play!
I don't need to ask when she will be attending too :D
Keeping an eye on you more like! :laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.