Ford ST/RS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow ST owners.
Got a few questions for you petrol heads to answer about LED lighting on my 2003 Focus ST:
  1. Interior lights, well the foot well lights work fine and so do the map lights but the 2 festoon bulbs for the main cabin lighting don't work correctly, ie once the door is closed, they dim out but don't fully turn off (I'm talking LED) what can i do to rectify the problem other than putting the original bulbs back in?
  2. I also bought some LED bulbs for the front fogs, they fit correctly, but wont light up. I've tested them off the car and they do work but not on the car, any ideas?
Thanks for any feedback

·
Just passed!
506 Posts
Hello fellow ST owners.
Got a few questions for you petrol heads to answer about LED lighting on my 2003 Focus ST:
  1. Interior lights, well the foot well lights work fine and so do the map lights but the 2 festoon bulbs for the main cabin lighting don't work correctly, ie once the door is closed, they dim out but don't fully turn off (I'm talking LED) what can i do to rectify the problem other than putting the original bulbs back in?
  2. I also bought some LED bulbs for the front fogs, they fit correctly, but wont light up. I've tested them off the car and they do work but not on the car, any ideas?
Thanks for any feedback
Dont worry about the LEDs not going fully out, this is normal and your original lamp will have done this, only it would be so dim you wouldnt see it. Your battery saver system which operates after the car is left or locked will operate and the LEDs will completely extinguish.

The front fog LEDs not working may be because the positive and negative to the lamp are the wrong way round.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts