Ford ST/RS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, first post on here.
Just discovered a hole in my ST24's exhaust. I think it was going over a rock that had fallen from a wall yesterday, thought I got away with it! Could'nt have done much about the rock though, I was following a car, it was just after a bend and other cars were approaching, had to go over! It was a big gulp moment.

TTFN.

·
stranger
61 Posts
Hi,

Was it you who got some goodridge hoses made for your ST24? how did it go? fit ok?

If it's not you then ignore this post.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, sorted the exhaust, the rock had bent the flange that's just behind the 'cat' pipe, 4lb hammer sorted it out!!

Yup, I have the Goodridges.
Rear ones are a perfect fit.
The fronts aren'tquite so spot on though, needed some work to clamp them to the lug inside the arch, where the flexible hose joins the metal pipe.

For some reason, Goodridge didn't give me a 'end' that matched Ford's (even though I sent front & rear pipes to them). What I got was smaller in diameter, which meant it wobbled around in the lug, the groove for the 'C' shape clip that clamps it all in place was about a mm too far (would be loose) and as the diameter was smaller, the groove was very shallow which meant that the clip had very little capture.
I had to make a 1mm thick spacer to take up the slack and have it sit properly on the lug and then deepen the groove so the clip can have a fair chance at holding all in place (I also squashed the clip a bit-say 0.5mm). All this wasn't much of a job in the end, just more of a hassle, turning a relatively quick job into a much longer one.

I think that the 'end' that was fitted is probably for an older Ford, though I can't be certain about that. Shame they couldn't make it up like they did for the rear pipes. Changing them was a doddle, only took about half an hour!

After all the hassle I got I coulndn't be bothered to send them back to Goodridge again (I think it took about 4 goes to get them to this stage). They've been on for a good few months now, no problems at all with a nice firm pedal, a definate improvement. I can't remember the codes for the set but they did tell me it was a made up set, but they do keep the measurements on file. iirc the rear pipe is the same as for a Cougar and is considerably longer than the front one. My car is a Nov'98 ST24 too.

Hope this helps.

All the best.

·
stranger
61 Posts
Yes, I remember the grief you were going through...glad you got it all sorted now.

I've saved the part number somewhere, as I will most likely get them at some point.

Got Black Diamond discs and pads now...and they are a deffinate improvement!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts