Ford ST/RS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Regular ST poster
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, my Mondeos heater blows hot and cold with a mind of its own irrespective of setting when on auto. Any ideas?

·
Regular ST poster
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Can a mod move this to electrical please?????? Ta!

·
Regular ST poster
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It seems the heater heats up when I accelerate hard and then reverts back to cold when I lift off.

·
Premium Member
2,830 Posts
Thermostat most likely?

·
Regular ST poster
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right I had a little look under the bonnet. Hardly any coolant. Topped up and all OK at the moment. Service due in at thousand miles so will get them to check for leaks etc

·
Registered
521 Posts
If your thermostat has had it, your car will either be over heating or not heating up properly. Depends on weather it's stuck closed or open. Keep a eye on you temp gauge.

·
Regular ST poster
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Temp gauge is fine. Its right in the middle when warm.

·
Regular ST poster
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The temp gauge appears fine. Car is losing a lot of coolant (having to top up a lot) going to book it into a garage next week for investigation.

·
Regular ST poster
3,502 Posts
Losing coolant isn't good. Any puddles under it when parked up overnight? Might be hard to diagnose with current weather

Take oil cap off any hints of mayo? Also does it steam when warm from the exhaust?

·
Regular ST poster
1,677 Posts
Dunno really. it is booked in. I havent noticed but the weather is pants. I am hoping it is the water pump and not a head gasket issue.

·
Regular ST poster
3,502 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts