Ford ST/RS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cncheads in Stockport are currently working on an ST170 engine for a customer, which includes throttle bodies.
Possible gains for the head appear to be "stunning" with almost double for flow rate through the head.
I will be keeping abreast of the situation and reporting information as it comes in.
If you don't want to supercharge, this could be the alternative.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, sourced myself a cylinder head, and will probably be purchasing it this week sometime. Will get it up to cncheads when I can, and also try and sneak a peek at the ST170 block they're working on.
Watch this space.

·
56 Posts
what if you do want to supercharge, can you do both (obviously without the throttle bodies)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In fact, it's probably better to get any headwork done porting/polishing etc) before going the forced induction route. Get the car's breathing sorted and optimised and it'll actually benefit when going the S/C or turbo route.
Two ways of looking at it...for the same overall BHP gain, you can run lower boost and therefore have less stress on the engine, OR, you can run the same boost and benefit from a higher power and torque figure.
Coupled with new cams and exhaust manifold (needed anyway with optimising the ST170 head) it should be a beast.

Itching to get this work done......

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got the head at workshop for its porting and polishing. Should have it back in a few weeks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts