Ford ST/RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get new indicator bulbs for the front but everything I find has off set pins, mine don't. Has anyone else come accross this?

·
ST DRIVER
585 Posts
try this
sorry could not resist

Attachments

Reactions: Cro

·
ST DRIVER
585 Posts
try back light bulb 21watt these are not off set

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I ordered the same thing last night, my black eyes are done and I removed the orange lense at the time, looks mint.

·
Scottish Meet Organiser
7,937 Posts
I ordered the same thing last night, my black eyes are done and I removed the orange lense at the time, looks mint.
I'd
to see a pic mate!

The stupid orange lense sticks out like a sore thumb on BlackEyes IMO!

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd
to see a pic mate!

I was going to get pics up after the valet & machine buff but it hasn't stopped raining since then lol. I managed to knacker the front bumper too as the ramps I used didn't have a low enough incline
I'll take a pic of the front at lunch time on my phone and post it up for ya mate.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I'd
to see a pic mate!

Is there a wiki or any posts of how to remove the orange lense?

·
Scottish Meet Organiser
7,937 Posts
Is there a wiki or any posts of how to remove the orange lense?
Not sure about the Wiki dude!

IIRC there's a thread somewhere explaining how to remove the lenses without splitting the lights, although I'm pretty sure it involved poking around with a screwdriver and needle nose pliers through the bulb hole!
Can't imagine it'd be difficult if your splitting the lights though!

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's easy when splitting the light unit, I reckon it'd be a nightmare without

·
Registered
686 Posts
Not sure about the Wiki dude!

IIRC there's a thread somewhere explaining how to remove the lenses without splitting the lights, although I'm pretty sure it involved poking around with a screwdriver and needle nose pliers through the bulb hole!
Can't imagine it'd be difficult if your splitting the lights though!
Cheers, ill have a look, I dont really fancy splitting the light, i know the theory but would rather not unless it is really necesary. One mod ill put on hold for now then

·
Scottish Meet Organiser
7,937 Posts
Cheers, ill have a look, I dont really fancy splitting the light, i know the theory but would rather not unless it is really necesary. One mod ill put on hold for now then
It's a common mod for the Foci and Fiesty guys, might be worth searching there OC's!

·
Registered
686 Posts
It's a common mod for the Foci and Fiesty guys, might be worth searching there OC's!
yeah it is with mondys too but i must admit i prefer the look of the black with shiny headlights, its just the orange bit that spoils it

·
Scottish Meet Organiser
7,937 Posts
yeah it is with mondys too but i must admit i prefer the look of the black with shiny headlights, its just the orange bit that spoils it
What I meant was there might/will be a more thorough "how-to" on the FFOC on how to remove the orange lense without splitting the lights!

I do agree the orange spoils the BlackEyes slightly!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Well worth the effort mate!

What I meant was there might/will be a more thorough "how-to" on the FFOC on how to remove the orange lense without splitting the lights!

I do agree the orange spoils the BlackEyes slightly!
Ah right thanks i'll have a look

·
Registered
50 Posts
just been reading what about your lights and ive been loking for someone who sells a clean lens to replace the orange one as im getting mine in the next couple of weeks and what about putting LEDs in as ive done the sidelights and they look better

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
just been reading what about your lights and ive been loking for someone who sells a clean lens to replace the orange one as im getting mine in the next couple of weeks and what about putting LEDs in as ive done the sidelights and they look better
I got the chrome ones in the end, I was going to go LED's but couldn't find anything that looked suitable.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts