Ford ST/RS Forum banner

Do It Yourself Dent Repair?

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  GazSTmondy 
#1 ·
Evening all,

Has anyone got any tips or how to's for DIY dent repair/removal?

Got a couple of the usual little dents you might expect on a 9 year old motor, but I'd like to try and get rid if I can.

The biggest is probably about 10p piece size, in the middle of the roof. No idea how that might of happened. It was there when I bought the car.

I have heard something about heating it up and applying instant cold to it? Ring any bells to anyone?

Cheers.

#2 ·
Evening all,Has anyone got any tips or how to's for DIY dent repair/removal? Got a couple of the usual little dents you might expect on a 9 year old motor, but I'd like to try and get rid if I can. The biggest is probably about 10p piece size, in the middle of the roof. No idea how that might of happened. It was there when I bought the car. I have heard something about heating it up and applying instant cold to it? Ring any bells to anyone? Cheers.
Yes I've seen videos on YouTube but they have been big dents not sure if it will work on a small dent tho

#3 ·
One way to do that ... The dinger at work would heat up this wax looking plastic stuff (don't ask as I've no idea or clue wot it is just seen wot he does lol) put a blob on the dent then he has these plastic things that look like mini chess pieces pawn shaped,he pushes the bottom into the wax plastic stuff and it comes up around the bottom edge.he gives it a min or so then puts a double handed thing that has 2 rubber feet like suction pads on it to the top bit of the pawn lol he tightens up this contraption,then as if you were riding a bike and pulled both brakes at the same time pulls till the pawn pops out of the wax stuff and repeats till the dent is gone....not the best explanation in the world but you get the gist lmao!!!.dinging isn't as easy as you'd think.you might need to get under the headlining an go from under it.

#4 ·
Hi

Check YouTube, you will find several vids of different methods. Metal has a memory of shape and the quicker you pop out dent the better the results. Here is one method:

Peter

#6 ·
One way to do that ... The dinger at work would heat up this wax looking plastic stuff (don't ask as I've no idea or clue wot it is just seen wot he does lol) put a blob on the dent then he has these plastic things that look like mini chess pieces pawn shaped,he pushes the bottom into the wax plastic stuff and it comes up around the bottom edge.he gives it a min or so then puts a double handed thing that has 2 rubber feet like suction pads on it to the top bit of the pawn lol he tightens up this contraption,then as if you were riding a bike and pulled both brakes at the same time pulls till the pawn pops out of the wax stuff and repeats till the dent is gone....not the best explanation in the world but you get the gist lmao!!!.dinging isn't as easy as you'd think.you might need to get under the headlining an go from under it.
Was it anything like this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-BODY-DENT-PULLER-BODY-WORK-PANEL-GLUE-GUN-REPAIR-TOOL-KIT-/201073717548?pt=UK_Body_Shop_Supplies_Paint&hash=item2ed0ed712c

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.