Ford ST/RS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Stamping my carbon footprint!
525 Posts

·
Regular ST poster
3,502 Posts
What battery is that ? Enough power to crank and how much weight saving?

It may be the small pic on my phone but the bracket looks worryingly close to the terminals.

Reactions: smiley220

·
Wunderbar!
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's an Odyssey PC680 - cranking without any issues in two weeks now.

Even in freezing temperatures. Bear in mind - it's got only 16Ah.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Does a small battery and taking the engine cover off make any difference ?

·
Wunderbar!
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This, and the catch tank! Have to empty it every two weeks. Thats how much crap is streaming through the TB! And no air leaks guaranteed. Battery frees up space and weighs only 15 pounds. Air streams better to the K&N. Had 5-10°C inlet temp while driving.

·
Regular ST poster
3,502 Posts
Save about 7kgs by changing the battery, I was tempted but not sure I'll bother as it isn't that great a saving.

·
Wunderbar!
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not as much as a K&N sticker!
BTW: Installing the K&N raised the AFR from 13.0 to 14.1 at 4,000 to 6,000rpm (way too lean I know) but that hints to better breathing

of the motor with the same map. So I installed bigger injectors, which lowered the AFR to 11.0 :} . Still not exactly max power though :blush:

but less prone to engine failure.

And concerning the sticker: does the bay look like I care about optics or stickers!?

·
Post Whore
4,808 Posts
BTW: Installing the K&N raised the AFR from 13.0 to 14.1 at 4,000 to 6,000rpm (way too lean I know) but that hints to better breathing

of the motor with the same map. So I installed bigger injectors, which lowered the AFR to 11.0 :} . Still not exactly max power though :blush:

And concerning the sticker: does the bay look like I care about optics or stickers!?
Hi

Suprised O2 sensors did not signal ECU to adjust fuel mixture?

Peter

·
Registered
464 Posts

It doesn't point to an increase in flow per say, it's a change in the flow characteristics, the K&N has a radiused bellmouth entry just before the MAF, the OEM airbox has a sharp edge before the MAF, the end result is changed MAF sensor values that the PCM see's and therefore runs leaner. The only way to change it is to change the fuel trim tables in the PCM, or put the OEM airbox on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts