Ford ST/RS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its not exactly a problem (yet), but someone pointed out to me yesterday that theres no side protection strips down the side of the car and their right. I noticed a Ghia in London today and it had a rubber strip down the side.

Anyone got any dents in the side of theirs yet from inconsiderate door opening gits?

Seems to me it could be a little prone to it - just wondering seeing as im off to ASDA later

·
stranger
83 Posts
Hi m8,

You can buy the door protection strips from Ford already painted, the problem I had was the fronts were painted but the rears were not a pain in a**e, got them painted. I put them on for the reasons you have mentioned. Costs for 4 door strips about ?85.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info lindsay3262, thats food for thought. I know Im gonna be regretting it, but I cant see myself spending that amount on some strips right now.
I know what you mean about painting things, I did the standard Golf MK4 De-lock and had to paint the key blanks with 3 coats and 1 of clear - it took ages. Looked Great afterwards, Still a pain in the Ar*e tho.

·
29 Posts
Cheaper way is create your own strips, I have seen chrome and black strips in 12 metres lengths, you cut to fit, ?24 only, that way no paint and length & width you decide on.

·
Post Whore
3,601 Posts
These strips rarely work anyway IMO-too many different sizes of car and different designs of door. Park in the corner furthest away to avoid dings!!!

·
stranger
47 Posts
NO NO NO NO......

:thumbdown:

What are you talking about ?

Strips along the doors, althought they pervent dings etc, will take the sleak look away from the shape.

I wouldn't even consider 'defacing' my car with 'orrible rubber bits :shocked:

Leave it alone, do you want a ST or a GHIA ?

:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.