Ford ST/RS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have got an issue that seems to have got worse over the last week or so - just in time for Winter!!!

Previously I had a problem where the blowers only allow air out of the windscreen blowers despite the dash or footwell buttons being selected on the control unit.

The diagnostic came up as normal and I can see the plastic cogs working in the drivers footwell side of the centre console.

What has happened now is that after 5 - 10 minutes of having warm air (19C usually), the temperature of the air coming through the blowers drop to cool.

This can be countered by turning up the control to about 23C for about 5 mins before it happens again.

Finally turning it up to MAX temp will do the same.

A/C being on or off does not make any difference.

I would dearly like to get this sorted ASAP as my feet would like some warmth on the daily commute!

All ideas welcome!!

·
Stamping my carbon footprint!
525 Posts
One thing that might be worth a try which I discovered when doing another job on my car is this:

When you sit in the drivers seat, directly in front of your left knee there is a small grille in the lower dash section. Behind this is an interior air temperature sensor assembly which contains a small fan to draw air from the cabin through the sensor itself. I found mine to be clogged up with lots of fluff and dust presumably drawn in by the fan, once I cleaned it out with some compressed air I felt the climate control was more responsive than previously.

It might be worth taking a look at the sensor on yours as I guess if it's clogged up it could well be giving a higher than true temperature reading to the climate control module which is in turn then backing off the heat as it believes the system is up to the desired temperature.

Just a thought anyway as I'm not an expert on these things!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to add something else I have noticed - it may or may not be related.

Whenever I go round a medium curved corner, I get a draft of cool/cold air through the blowers untilk I straighten up again.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Whilst your checking sensors isn't there also one up by the map reading lights and shades holder?

·
Stamping my carbon footprint!
525 Posts
Whilst your checking sensors isn't there also one up by the map reading lights and shades holder?
I thought the grille up there was for the microphone if the car was fitted with bluetooth? I could be wrong though, I've never looked behind it before, I only found the other sensor by chance!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts