Ford ST/RS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
ST FIN
117 Posts
I've had some problems with my central locking during the winter. The rear doors seem to have a mind of their own. They work for one week, then they stop working, then they start working again and so on. Last week it was only the other rear door but now both. My car is in a garage while I'm at work so its not sitting outside in the -25c weather all the time... (First thing i thought was that they could just be frozen).

I opened up the doors and there is a 3 pin connector connected to the lock mechanism. Are they ground, 12v and signal? Also where is the central locking control box? Any other ideas?

Ill also add that the locking mechanisms dont make a sound when opening or closing the doors. So their not stuck or anything...

·
ST FIN
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
When I try the 3 wires with a meter they are all ground......?

·
A bit of a tit!
3,595 Posts
My last Mondy Mk3 had one door that did this then packed up entirely. I bought a new lock and, during removing the old one, I had a go with the remote and it worked again!

I found that slightly loosening the big Torx bolts in the door edge got it working.

·
ST FIN
117 Posts
Loosend the torx bolts but nothing... Still baffled by the wires.. How do i check to see that there is even a signal coming to the lock? I just don't want to change the lock mechanism to find out it was something else...

·
ST FIN
117 Posts
So I read that: black & yellow = earth, black & white = unlock and yellow = lock

But i went to test them and they were different: It was Black & Yellow = Lock, Black & White = Unlock and Yellow was Ground... Is this right or is mine just mest up and that's why its not unlocking and locking?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.