Ford ST/RS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ST Addict
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In true "sod it, I'm gonna spaff some money up the wall" mode I recently purchased a foam lance attachment for my Karcher pressure washer. Added to that I bought about 5 litres of snow foam and some Maxi Suds II (who the hell thinks of these names?).

Aware that the weekend just gone was likely to be the last decent car washing weekend of the year, out it came. If you've never played with snow foam, it's a hoot. The looks that people give you as you cover your car in creamy white suds are hilarious. One guy even asked "er… is it supposed to do that?"

So, having snow foamed, it then got rinsed. Then washed in the old two bucket method, followed by a touch of polish, then some wax, then a sealant… out came the hoover and the interior got a full valet as well. Must have spent an hour doing the wheels with the Sonic Scrubber (www.sonicscrubber.co.uk) and stand back and admire in the evening sun.

Yes… the missus car looked immaculate after 7 hours of work.

Sunday… more of the same, and its then that you realise the Mondy is a bloody big car..!! 9 hours of work and the Mondy looks presentable (didn't get round to doing the sealant).

So, with two lovely looking motors, what do you do? Take a photo? Sit and admire your handy work? Nope… got the dirty one out of the garage and went for a drive and a pint with the missus. :)

Anyone else have a good weekend?

·
ST Addict
1,179 Posts
Try doing 3 cars! Esp the 4x4 after playng in the tank training grounds :}

Pretty boring weekend, work, booze and a christning :L

·
Getting better
482 Posts
well i work shifts , and i got sat' sun' mon an tues off......spent 4 hrs on sat' , 3 hrs on sun' , 4-5 hrs on mon and another 5-6 hrs on tues....wife not impressed...looks clean thoug , but thats claying for ya then polish , then glaze , then sealant , then 2 coats of canuba wax....then the inside to do. :crazy:

·
Just passed!
89 Posts
Good weekend? Maybe tomorrow when I clean both my cars. Today dropped the rear bumper and fitted the missing support pads. Can't say its made a jot of difference! And I ache all over now! :doh:

·
Getting better
482 Posts
interstinly enough my m8 ad his bumper supports fitted by ford , 3-4 months ago , and its already come away and ya can get ur fingers in now , its worse than b4.!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts