Ford ST/RS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I did 280 miles round trip from home to Portsmouth to Brighton back to home (London) and so far my petrol needle is just over the halfway mark which I think i spretty impressive. I'd say I was averaging about 75mph most the time although I did creep up higher to keep up with the traffic a few times Wink

I'm sure now I'm back home the rest of the tank will vanish very quickly but its good to know if you had a very long journey to make that the ST will go some distance before a fill up is needed!

The only thing I notice on the motorway is it doesn't seem to want to pull as hard once your up in the 70mph region. I used to find my Puma would give a noticeable pull if you put your foot down at that speed but with the ST you don't get that feeling unless you down shift but thats not relaxing motorway cruising to me so I didn't bother doing that. Maybe thats the trick though, as the revs are sitting at about 3.5k when your doing 85 in 6th and thats not really the gear for pulling away in anyway! So at lower speeds its just not going to be happening is it! lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bit confused about this thread - ST170 or new 2.5 ST? I have heard the new ST is a bit thirsty - what mpg are people getting and does it improve after running in for a few 1000 miles?

I have a black ST2 on order, due end of feb btw.

Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.