Water Leak - Interior & Exterior, and Styling (Mondeo ST TDCi and ST220) - STdriveRS

header
header

News Feed

View All Updates

Photo

Water Leak

Front doors

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chuck8025

chuck8025

Learner STdriver

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 09:25 AM

I have a water leak in both front doors which I just can not stop. I have had the door cards off and the water seems to be coming around the plastic speaker and window motor cover then making its way outside the door membrane to the inside of the door card and into the foot well. I have sealed around the plastic cover, sealed the screws, the membrane looks in perfect condition and is sealed all around the edges of the door. Any suggestions? I don't want to get rid of the car due to the floor rusting through as I have owed the car since it was 5 months old and has only 78k on the clock and only requiring a new crankshaft pulley and an egr valve, not bad for a 2007 plate. 

#2 Steveski

Steveski

Steveski

• Members
  • 481 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:ST TDCi

Posted 23 October 2020 - 03:19 PM

Hi, are you sure the water is coming through the door card? It's just that I think years ago people posted about problems with the door rubber seals and had them replaced under warranty. On my wife's 2006 mondeo if it is raining hard enough you get a small leak at the bottom of the door over the sill onto the carpet, but with my 2005 mondeo you don't get the problem........The other option is to drill a small drain hole!

Mondeo ST TDCI estate with dog guard, divider and full boot liner, what other mods do you want??!!
Well, actually, now have mudflaps.
And now have De-cat!! plus Powerflow custom exhaust system
Finally got ASBO front brakes (thanks Terry!). Bilstein B6 sports dampers and Apex lowered sports springs.
Bigger intercooler - now fitted Airtec intercooler.
K & N panel filter
Blanked off EGR as Euro3 engine. DPH silicone hose kit.

Stage 3 re-map from Top Gear Tuning. Now running a hybrid turbo.

#3 chuck8025

chuck8025

Learner STdriver

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 02:25 PM

Pretty sure its coming through the door card as the membrane is wet at the bottom of the speaker housing and the door card is wet at the bottom on the back facing the door. I will try and push some small rubber hose in the bottom of the door seal to see if that helps things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users