Evna

Learner STdriver

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo
  • Name:Ian

Posted 27 October 2018 - 12:52 PM

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been covered before, couldn't find anything else like this on here..

Our daily driver is a 2007 Mondeo ST TDCi Estate, now covered 158,000mls and still returning us between 45 and 53 mpg on each tank full of fuel.

Today it went for MOT and we were surprised to be given an advisory that all 4 tyres were at 1.6mm and on the markers.  The tyres (Nankang AS-2+) were all fitted new in January this year and have covered just 9,960mls which I feel is very bad.. as the last tyres we had (Avon ) returned us 17,000mls and the Pirelli P Zero's before that gave 16,000.  We had been recommended the Nankangs as a tyre that would easily match the previous set and whilst I have no issues with how they have performed on the road, I think the longevity is attrocious.. the wear on all of them is even and consistent, none of the usual shoulder wear on the fronts which the tester says seems normal on the mondeo's of this era. We have a pretty normal driving technique nothing too spirited and no wheel spinning or throwing the car hard into corners etc so pretty much drive sympathetically to the car in relation to wear and performance.

So thought this may make for a good topic.. I appreciate that these Mondeo's have been superceded by newer variants but just wondering how members find tyre wear on their vehicles.. Are premium tyres the way to go to get decent wear or do mid range tyres get better bang for your buck?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users