Airtec Intercooler Fitted And Opinion Given! - Exhausts / Air Intake - Induction (Mondeo ST TDCi and ST220) - STdriveRS

header
header

Photo

Airtec Intercooler Fitted And Opinion Given!

Induction

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Steveski

Steveski

Steveski

• Members
  • 478 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:ST TDCi

Posted 26 June 2018 - 04:09 PM

Fitted the Airtec intercooler to my old Mondeo last weekend.

Fitting is straight forward but the instructions are the wrong way round regarding the side mount brackets. Airtec advise to fit the intercooler and then add the side brackets afterwards - not a chance! There is not enough room to get your hand in to fit the brackets so fit them BEFORE mounting the intercooler.

To make life easier regarding the refitting of the air snorkel and the boost hose on the nearside of the car it would be better if Airtec allowed for the intercooler to sit 5-10ml lower than the position they have manufactured for. The snorkel and hose are pressed against the intercooler and distort slightly once everything is fitted back together. Otherwise, everything is fine and the process is easy to do.

On the test drive it was noticeable that the engine pulls through to beyond 4000rpm stronger than before without the weakening at the higher end of the revs which I was experiencing before. On a 30 mile motorway driving trip the average mpg improved by 3mpg according to the on board computer.

So overall it seems the money was well spent and I will post again once some more miles have been driven.

Mondeo ST TDCI estate with dog guard, divider and full boot liner, what other mods do you want??!!
Well, actually, now have mudflaps.
And now have De-cat!! plus Powerflow custom exhaust system
Finally got ASBO front brakes (thanks Terry!). Bilstein B6 sports dampers and Apex lowered sports springs.
Bigger intercooler - now fitted Airtec intercooler.
K & N panel filter
Blanked off EGR as Euro3 engine. DPH silicone hose kit.

Stage 3 re-map from Top Gear Tuning.

#2 Steveski

Steveski

Steveski

• Members
  • 478 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 06:31 AM

I'm not sure anybody reads these posts anymore but here goes.......

As promised here is an update of the Airtec intercooler fitment. It has definately been a worthwhile modification that has given the car the performance a stage 3 re-map should. So money well spent!

Mondeo ST TDCI estate with dog guard, divider and full boot liner, what other mods do you want??!!
Well, actually, now have mudflaps.
And now have De-cat!! plus Powerflow custom exhaust system
Finally got ASBO front brakes (thanks Terry!). Bilstein B6 sports dampers and Apex lowered sports springs.
Bigger intercooler - now fitted Airtec intercooler.
K & N panel filter
Blanked off EGR as Euro3 engine. DPH silicone hose kit.

Stage 3 re-map from Top Gear Tuning.

#3 TerrieA

TerrieA

Getting better

• Members
  • 1118 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:ST TDCI

Posted 03 October 2018 - 12:41 PM

I read it. Do I get a badge or something?!
That's good. I'm not sure I'll ever bother doing anything on mine as it doesn't really go anywhere - '06 just turned 58k!
Machine Silver, Leather/Alcantara Recaros, Xenons, Satnav, Privacy Glass, Adv. voice control. Now with Park Assist - after 2 seconds practise reversing into a wall.. :nono:

#4 si st turbo

si st turbo

• Members
  • 1756 posts

Posted 09 October 2018 - 09:29 PM

I've also read it,I fitted an airtec intercooler to mine a few months ago, definitely pulls better,my old Mondeo has now done 215k miles
ST TDCi performance blue superchips BLUEFIN 2

EIBACH lowering springs XENON lights JETEX air filter MIJ twin exhaustsASBO Brakes,WOLFRACE Wheels

#5 sjh1972

sjh1972

Learner STdriver

• Gold Member
  • 2 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Name:Simon Hempsall

Posted 04 July 2020 - 06:15 PM

Hi, have been looking at this intercooler to, for the price looks excellent value. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Induction

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users