Exhaust For 2.5T Estate - Items Wanted - STdriveRS

header
header

Photo

Exhaust For 2.5T Estate

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 cmd220

cmd220

Learner STdriver

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 01:45 PM

Looking for an aftermarket / custom exhaust for a Mondeo Mk4 Estate 2.5T.  Scorpion one seems silly money at almost £900 for a cat back.

#2 STrearender

STrearender

Getting better

• Members
  • 1136 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 05:42 PM

Yes they are silly money for a Scorpion exhaust.

You would be better served getting a custom one made at a reputable exhaust company.

I had mine made at ExhaustUK here in Sheffield.

MY ST220 ON THE DYNO AT DREAMSCIENCE DREAMSCIENCE DYNO WITH POWER OUPUT
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2006 Final Facelift ST220 in Stardust Silver - Owner is a Fan Boy.
Now with its very first MOT.Third MOT passed today 28-June-2011.
19" Arden Sportline Alloys (German Jaguar) - 20" MS Design Alloys (For Shows)
This BOY - Is pure Chaka Chaka and Bang Tidy.
Dreamscience 251 bhp 215 lbf.ft - Bluefin Stg Two 241 bhp 211 lbf.ft

------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 benzy50

benzy50

Learner STdriver

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 06:39 PM

Hi, The only off the shelf one is scorpion and im pretty sure its only made for the hatchback so it wouldnt fit the estate. i have had a couple of quotes from loacal custom jobs and it seems to be around the £500- £600 mark. so im currently in the process of making myself one as im a stainless steel fabricator welder, so why not. I will be sure to post a quide and possibly my technical drawings and measurements for the system incase anyone decides to do the same. will be roughly £200 - £250 material prices.

#4 cmd220

cmd220

Learner STdriver

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:34 PM

Yes think I will have to go down the custom route but the fitters near me are booked up for quite some time and I tend to work on spur of the moment rather than planning weeke=s ahead! I even contemplated buying a pipe bender as universal rear boxes are s=cheap enough as is the stainless pipe. Not sure my skills would be good enough though!

#5 benzy50

benzy50

Learner STdriver

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:43 PM

The only problem is that if you buy a bender unless you spend £2000 on a mandrel one or you wont be able to go 3" stainless pipe. The normal benders will strugle with 2.5". Best bet is to order the 3" mandrel bends in for £10-£20 a bend then tig welding them in place. I have made my sports cat pipe and im in the process of making a downpipe, then just to move onto the centre and back. Do your tailpipes come out the back or turn down underneath?

#6 cmd220

cmd220

Learner STdriver

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:25 PM

The only problem is that if you buy a bender unless you spend £2000 on a mandrel one or you wont be able to go 3" stainless pipe. The normal benders will strugle with 2.5". Best bet is to order the 3" mandrel bends in for £10-£20 a bend then tig welding them in place. I have made my sports cat pipe and im in the process of making a downpipe, then just to move onto the centre and back. Do your tailpipes come out the back or turn down underneath?

I have twin pipes coming straight out of the back.  when I measured the existing pipe it was just 51mm O/D to each back box.

#7 benzy50

benzy50

Learner STdriver

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:32 PM

Yer so thats 2" all the focus st/rs guys go 3" thats my plan anyway. And bet that looks good coming out the back wish i had one of them bumpers.