Cleaned The Motor Today - Page 2 - Gallery - STdriveRS

header
header

Photo

Cleaned The Motor Today

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#21 GavST

GavST

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:06 PM

Raynkar they look really good actually, better than I thought they would. I might go down this route instead. I wonder if painting them the same colour as the body would work? Your car looks black so they look like they blend in. Thanks for the tips mate 👍

#22 GavST

GavST

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:06 PM

Raynkar they look really good actually, better than I thought they would. I might go down this route instead. I wonder if painting them the same colour as the body would work? Your car looks black so they look like they blend in. Thanks for the tips mate 👍

#23 raynkar

raynkar

ST Addict

• Members
  • 1519 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:44 PM

I think they are too flexible for paint. There is also an advantage to them being flexible in that if they are dragged on a dropped kerb or in a dirt ditch they will flex rather than tear at the fixings.

I bought a few pairs of the flaps so I could experiment with various sizes of cut, and this is the size I prefer. I did fit a set that weren't as wide and deep but the they just didn't keep enough dirt off the skirts.

I think that if you kept flaps clean they would match nicely with the other black trim on your car like the rear bumper trims.
2 x mk3 Mondeos and a Renault Captur

#24 GavST

GavST

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 07:19 PM

I will look into this they are cheap enough like you say to buy a couple of sets to try out.

They might look alright in black I will have to wait and see :L

#25 raynkar

raynkar

ST Addict

• Members
  • 1519 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:06 PM

The cheap price isn't why I fitted them lol.
It's rather that in the 15 years the mk3 ST has been out I haven't found anyone who has got an OEM style flap on their motor with a close fit. I've known people try for years and give up or just fit rally flaps. A handful of owners (only in mainland Europe that I've seen) have managed to modify the OEM standard flap to fit, but many many more have tried that and had to bin them. I spent six months trying different non OEM flaps before using these.

There are literally dozens of threads online of people trying to get flaps on their ST's but most end up with rally flaps.

The price isn't an issue, the fit was :) :)
2 x mk3 Mondeos and a Renault Captur

#26 RebeccaRS

RebeccaRS

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 10:35 AM

Great looking car! 

Where did you get it done? 

News and advice from carkeys.co.uk 

#27 GavST

GavST

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 11:26 PM

RebeccaRS Thanks 😆
I cleaned this myself, looks a little different now though I have a new set of rims on it.

#28 RebeccaRS

RebeccaRS

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 09:38 AM

Updated pic? 

Impressive though, like a professional haha  :}

News and advice from carkeys.co.uk