My Mondeo St220 Estate - Page 3 - Car Diaries - STdriveRS

header
header

Photo

My Mondeo St220 Estate

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#41 STick220

STick220

Stamping my carbon footprint!

• Members
  • 525 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:36 PM

I would recomend to look at your rear axle alignment it is comon to fail for rear axle bushings and mess around wheel alignment. That may cause tyre to whear unevenly and put more force on one side.
Sorry for my English 

Greating's from Lithuania

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll get the bushes checked during the next service.

Car; 2005 '55' Ford Mondeo ST220 5 Door Estate in Machine Silver with Recaro Light Flint leather interior.

Extras; Advanced Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone & Voice Control System • Touchscreen DVD Navigation System with 6 Disc CD Changer • Technology Pack (Xenon Headlamps & Privacy Glass) • Rear Seat Audio System • Rear Park Assist.

Modifications; Automatic Central Locking • Powder Coated Wheels.

#42 STick220

STick220

• Members
  • 525 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:29 AM

Service and MOT time again, due by the 20th so I had it done on Wednesday.  Grand total of 2672 miles driven in a year, I think I could have walked further in 12 months :wacko: It was due a 9 year/112,500 mile service which I thought being a major would include plugs, but according to Ford's service schedule the Duratec ST engine only requires plugs every 6th service!  I have no problems with how it runs so I've left them for now, not sure how I feel about leaving them another 3 years though.  The service showed up that the rear brake discs are starting to wear thin but the pads are still good so I decided to wait until the they wear out before replacing both together.  The MOT was a straight pass with no advisories :) Hopefully that's the last expense on the car for a while now!

Car; 2005 '55' Ford Mondeo ST220 5 Door Estate in Machine Silver with Recaro Light Flint leather interior.

Extras; Advanced Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone & Voice Control System • Touchscreen DVD Navigation System with 6 Disc CD Changer • Technology Pack (Xenon Headlamps & Privacy Glass) • Rear Seat Audio System • Rear Park Assist.

#43 STick220

STick220

• Members
  • 525 posts

Posted 08 September 2015 - 01:41 PM

Well as it's been almost a year without any activity I decided I should do something to the car!  We've got a trip to Scotland coming up so there are a few little jobs I would like to address before we set off.

I wanted to change the PAS fluid as it's been in the system for almost ten years now.  As there are no major leaks on the system except for the standard slight weeps around some of the joints I decided to use the quick and dirty method of sucking the fluid out or the reservoir with large syringe rather then breaking into the system and probably causing something to leak!

I purchased a cheap 100ml syringe from eBay and some Fuchs hydraulic fluid to the correct specification from Opie Oils to complete the job.

I had the car slightly warmed up as I thought it would make the fluid run into the syringe more easily, it was still quite hard to pull on the handle to get the fluid out, I'm not sure if it was a bad syringe or the thickness of the fluid.  I got about three and a half syringe fulls from the reservoir, so around 350 ml. As you can see the fluid was really black:

IMG_1486_zpswfowfeg9.jpg

The new fluid in contrast was a dark red colour and smelt dreadful!  I added about 350ml to the reservoir, took the car for a 7 mile drive and then repeated the process to hopefully change more fluid, this time the fluid was more of a dark grey colour from where the new stuff had mixed in.  I will probably do one final change after a few weeks too.

I know it's not the best method of changing the fluid but it's certainly the easiest!  The steering definitely feels lighter from cold so I think it's done some good and should be better than that dirty old fluid running through the system all the way to Scotland!

#44 STick220

STick220

• Members
  • 525 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:51 PM

So I guess this diary is quite useless since Photo Bucket turned into a bunch of money-grabbing idiots. Looks like there is no way to edit historical posts on this forum to point them to new web hosting either. Probably doesn't help that I haven't updated it since 2015 either lol.