Hello Again! - Newbie Corner - STdriveRS

header
header

News Feed

View All Updates

Photo

Hello Again!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 STick220

STick220

Stamping my carbon footprint!

• Members
  • 525 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:46 PM

This is kind of my second time around on the forums. I previously had a Mondeo ST220 and then after that a Focus ST, which is still in my signature below. Along came two dogs and my beloved ST had to go in order to make way for a sensible Japanese 4WD to accommodate the pooches, it was a nice enough car but I think two words to sum it up would be sole-less and boring.
Late last year we moved to within a ten minute walk of my workplace and since then the 4WD has sat on the drive, going out once or twice a week and depreciating £400-£500 a month so I decided to cut my (big) losses, sell it and buy a cheaper, older estate car as a replacement.
So what could fit the bill? Another ST220 of course! This time in estate form and old enough not to qualify for the £400-odd per year road tax. I found a 55 plate 90,000 mile final facelift example on eBay finished in Machine Silver and after asking the chap some questions regarding condition & history I decided to bid!
Unfortunately the auction ended below reserve but after some emailing we were able to reach a deal and two weeks ago we took the 320 mile round trip and collected it!
So far I'm very pleased, I think it drives as well as my old 07 plate, sub 20,000 mile ST220 did, in fact I'm sure it's got a bit more mid-range torque than the other one - maybe they take a high mileage to properly run in?
It was originally owned by Ford and then one private owner since with a pile of invoices and old MOTs, including every service and huge bill for a clutch, slave cylinder, flywheel and starter motor at about 65,000 miles. I had it put on the Ford IDS diagnostic machine and it didn't show a single fault code, which I hope is a good sign.
Being a previous Ford company car it's nicely kitted with touch-screen navigation, Bluetooth, xenon headlamps, privacy glass, rear park assist and full leather. The only thing I miss is the lack of a sunroof, but I'm sure as I now do less than 2000 miles a year I won't miss it too much!
Problem wise, the CD changer in the boot is dead, the wheels have the usual problem, and it's got a few battle scars here and there - mainly a little scuff on the N/S/F bumper & wing and a small crack at the bottom of the front bumper - I guess this is quite fair for nearly 7 years and 90,000 miles. The final problem is it smells like an ashtray inside but this is slowly improving as I leave the windows open as often as possible and I hope when I give it a good clean I can make it better, any tips for helping get rid of the smell would be greatly appreciated!
So all in, I'm very pleased with my new purchase, I'm hoping it will last me a good few years without many expenses. One thing is for sure, I won't be in a hurry to buy another Japanese car again!
Thanks for listening,

Car; 2005 '55' Ford Mondeo ST220 5 Door Estate in Machine Silver with Recaro Light Flint leather interior.

Extras; Advanced Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone & Voice Control System • Touchscreen DVD Navigation System with 6 Disc CD Changer • Technology Pack (Xenon Headlamps & Privacy Glass) • Rear Seat Audio System • Rear Park Assist.

Modifications; Automatic Central Locking • Powder Coated Wheels.

#2 DEMA

DEMA

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:53 PM

Welcome back
LOOKING FOR AN ST TDCI

FOR SALE: http://www.pistonhea...les/3976231.htm

#3 YORKSHIRENEO

YORKSHIRENEO

Yorkshire Meets Organiser

• Meet Organiser
  • 2830 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:56 AM

Welcome back and yet another proper ST around the forums. At this rate we could start to outnumber the tractor brigade!! :driving:
Interested in going to meets? Based in Yorkshire?

Click here then!!! -----> http://www.stdrivers.../181-yorkshire/
2004 04 Panther Black Mondeo ST220
De-badged for the Stealth look
Have I been of help to you? Then don't forget to click the "THANKS" button :)
So far I have replaced: Front discs and pads (pads twice), rear discs and pads, spark plugs, HT leads, coil pack, 4 x tyres (2 x Bridgestone Potenza's and 2 x cheapies), o/s/f spring, 2 x rear bearings, front and rear wipers, 2 x handbrake cables and now a new windscreen!! 4 x Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas plus tracking

#4 Stu C

Stu C

Scottish Meet Organiser

• Meet Organiser
  • 7937 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:53 AM

Welcome back!

Pics? :)
07 Panther Black ST TDCi
K&N57i with Custom S/S Induction Box
Custom White Ceramic-Coated S/S Decat
BlackEyes & Smoked Indicators
Team HEKO Wind Deflectors & Aero Wipers
Custom S/S Cat-Back (Quad Exit)
ToyoSports FMIC FORGE Boost Hoses S/S EGR Blank

SOLD

#5 ST220Paul

ST220Paul

Flat out!

• Members
  • 4984 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:24 AM

Welcome back. Hope the new car serves you well. And with the sixe of boot the estate has I don't think a few dogs will be a problem!

'Mighty' Mondeo Mistral

1.8 litres of raw power - very comfy and fantastic at lugging mountain bikes around.

Porsche Cayman R

3.4 litres, 330 bhp, manual gearbox, carbon fibre bucket seats, switch-able sports exhaust, cornering lights etc etc 

#6 Catman

Catman

Regular ST poster

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:24 PM

Good on you, need more estates around, oh, and don't worry about the cig smell, it will smell of wet dog soon!

#7 STick220

STick220

• Members
  • 525 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:48 PM

Thanks everyone! I'll get some pictures up once I've given it a bit of a clean up Stu C, although in the meantime I'll see if I can find the ones from the original eBay listing. I think you've got a good point with the dog smell Catman, that tends to over-power most things lol.

Car; 2005 '55' Ford Mondeo ST220 5 Door Estate in Machine Silver with Recaro Light Flint leather interior.

Extras; Advanced Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone & Voice Control System • Touchscreen DVD Navigation System with 6 Disc CD Changer • Technology Pack (Xenon Headlamps & Privacy Glass) • Rear Seat Audio System • Rear Park Assist.

#8 NEIL

NEIL

NEIL

• Members
  • 6177 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:52 PM

Hello & welcome back 2 STdrivers ...
07 ST Tdci [color:blue][color:blue][/color][/color]

K&N57I Induction kit-Removed.....

Eibach lowering springs

ST Embroidered seat logos

Focus ST Badges

Graeme Welch De-cat

Coming soon..

Custom re-map

Privacy glass

#9 STick220

STick220

• Members
  • 525 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:08 PM

As promised here are some pictures taken by the previous owner when he listed it on eBay:

http://www.stdrivers...-ebay-pictures/

#10 NEIL

NEIL

NEIL

• Members
  • 6177 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:57 PM

Nice car ....
Love the seats ....

Eibach lowering springs

Focus ST Badges

Graeme Welch De-cat

Coming soon..

Custom re-map

Privacy glass

#11 STick220

STick220

• Members
  • 525 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:05 PM

Nice car ....
Love the seats ....

Thanks very much! The seats are in need of a good clean up, as is the whole interior. I got some Dr Leather cleaner which is supposed to be really good, even if the name suggests it should be in a dungeon somewhere lol. I just need the weather to warm up and stop raining now so I can get started - did someone mention British Summertime!

#12 NEIL

NEIL

NEIL

• Members
  • 6177 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:09 PM

British summer just means no ice on roads ...

Eibach lowering springs

Focus ST Badges

Graeme Welch De-cat

Coming soon..

Custom re-map

Privacy glass