What do you drive? - Page 3 - General Banter - STdriveRS

header
header

News Feed

View All Updates

Photo

What do you drive?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
202 replies to this topic

Just passed!

• Validating
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:53 AM

You just cant beat the growl of the 3.0L V6 lump, it puts a smile on my face everytime I start it, thats what driving is all about....the joy factor! :banana:

#42 brookst

brookst

N.I. ST Crew

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 07:06 PM

burble of the 5 cylinder on song has to be up there......esp. when it's an electric orange burble :banana:
:driving:

ST Addict

• Validating
  • 1053 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 07:15 PM

5 Cylinder is nice, but it doesn't sound anything like the king of 5 cylinders - Audi!!

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:35 AM

On my first ST24 and what can I say, I love it, the V6 rumble is awesome, It's the non RSAP version as well so it just looks like a normal mondeo (apart from the the exhaust exiting at the other side and the badges) My car history is rather chequered, started with an Mk2 Fiesta 1.1 XR2 lookalike, then a 1.6 Sierra, than a Rover 213, a Toyota Tercel 4x4, a Mk2 Fiesta 1.4Sport (loved it) then a Mk2 XR2 Fiesta (modded) then a Vauxhall Cavalier Mk2, a Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0L MK3, Vauxhall Calibra 8v, Ford Mondeo Mk2 1.8TD, Vauxhall Calibra 8v (heavly modded) Mk2 Ford Mondeo 1.8TD (again), Ford Mondeo Mk3 2.0 TDDI (loved it), yet another Vauxhall Calibra 8v, then yet another Vauxhall Calibra 8v, then saw the light and got the ST24!!

#45 Jonsen

Jonsen

Regular ST poster

• Members
  • 3502 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:46 AM

Removed By Forum Admin

54 Mondeo ST220 - Weekend / track use - Car Diary
12 Focus Zetec 1.6 TDCi - 50mpg and slow

55 Mondeo ST TDCi - Bought for a sideskirt - Sold Car Diary
09 Audi TTS - 2.0 TFSi 272bhp, Quattro, DSG, Mag Ride + Launch control! - Sold and missed a lot
06 Titanium X 2.2 TDCi - 40mpg but not quick enough - Sold and missed a little
57 Titanium X 2.5 Turbo - 20mpg but a proper sleeper - Sold and missed

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 11:57 AM

I know what you mean, As much as I love my V6 i'm on first name terms with the staff at my local petrol station, forever putting petrol in the thing, I only cover around 10-12K a year. Thats what I loved about the MK3 Mondeo 2.0TDDI I had as It was so reliable and good on Fuel, shame the inner doors were rotton so thats why it went back to the finance company, Tried Ford to get the doors repaired/Replaced but they were not interested as I did not have a full Ford Service history. Couldint believe a 5 year old car (at the time) suffered from so much corrosion.

#47 P4UL T

P4UL T

I ate all the pies!!!!

• Members
  • 3789 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:40 PM

Currently a Lexus GS300, voted for ST TDCI as am currently looking for one :)
Paul

2006 (06) ST TDCi in Panther black

Born on 10.05.2006 Registered on 31.05.2006

#48 Jonsen

Jonsen

Regular ST poster

• Members
  • 3502 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:45 PM

Removed By Forum Admin

54 Mondeo ST220 - Weekend / track use - Car Diary
12 Focus Zetec 1.6 TDCi - 50mpg and slow

55 Mondeo ST TDCi - Bought for a sideskirt - Sold Car Diary
09 Audi TTS - 2.0 TFSi 272bhp, Quattro, DSG, Mag Ride + Launch control! - Sold and missed a lot
06 Titanium X 2.2 TDCi - 40mpg but not quick enough - Sold and missed a little
57 Titanium X 2.5 Turbo - 20mpg but a proper sleeper - Sold and missed

Just passed!

• Validating
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:24 PM

Must admit the tractor i mean TDCI is good on the fuel..
But the sound of a 3ltr v6 lump belowing out of the twin exhaust is rather nice,,..

Neale
(when im not filling on fuel)

#50 bip78

bip78

Post Whore

• Members
  • 2686 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 12:59 PM

Must admit the tractor i mean TDCI..

Easy tiger ive got a Torque figure to blow you lil 220 to DUST! (not diesel dust lol) ;)

#51 malford

malford

Titanium X Pack

• Super Moderator
  • 6207 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 02:38 PM

I 2nd that :content:

2016 Mondeo Titanium X Pack 2.0 EcoBoost
My 5th Mondeo
Eibach Pro-Line
TurboSmart BOV

Bluefin Remap

#52 Jamo

Jamo

Bigger Post Whore!

• Members
  • 5580 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 03:48 PM

I do 200 - 300 miles a day, I'd be a twat to own a 220. I use a diesel to EARN money not spend it.

I also do not call myself 'Anonymous' !!!

( Still reading first page of this thread )

#53 jdady

jdady

Getting better

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 05:40 PM

i own a standard st220 and love it.
Dont do many miles and love the sound of a v6, if i done alot of miles tho i would be more than happy with the diesel
2003 panther black st220
red leather

#54 JonnyP

JonnyP

Boaring a Nation of ST'ers to death

• Members
  • 1415 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 06:03 PM

could we be slightly mondeo biased :ponder:
[color:red]Silver 04 ST220
Running on LPG @ 213BHP
ST embroidered Seat Badge's and Belt Holders
Front Splitter
Facelifted (It was droopy)
JP Exhaust system[/color]

#55 Bleeno

Bleeno

Regular ST poster

• Members
  • 649 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 07:08 AM

Yeh the ST TDCI is a poormans ST220. They rae making th ST to common. I wonder out of all those how many of them are company cars against privatey owned? :innocent:

I dont' think it matters that much does it? It's still a Mondeo :}

PB 07 ST TDCI Galaxy 1.8 TDCi Ghia Mk 4 2.0 Titanium

Keep Smiling .... people will wonder what you're up to

#56 Jamo

Jamo

Bigger Post Whore!

• Members
  • 5580 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 08:53 AM

Yeh the ST TDCI is a poormans ST220. They rae making th ST to common. I wonder out of all those how many of them are company cars against privatey owned? :innocent:

I'd hardly call £ 26.600 a poor mans car, just exactly how much did you pay for your 220 ?
Assuming, like me, you bought it new.
Mine is a company car, the company is also mine.

They are both only mondeos, what's so special about a bloody ford mondeo for christ sake. Still a twenty year old repmobile at the end of the day regardless of how dressed up the ST version is.

#57 Bleeno

Bleeno

Regular ST poster

• Members
  • 649 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 11:43 AM

I'd hardly call £ 26.600 a poor mans car, just exactly how much did you pay for your 220 ?

They are both only mondeos, what's so special about a bloody ford mondeo for christ sake. Still a twenty year old repmobile at the end of the day regardless of how dressed up the ST version is.

I think me and thee are on the same wavelength Jamo ...... perhaps we're just getting to old and cynical ..... :ph34r:

Oooh and another thing ..... I won't buy a car because it sounds nice. Boy racers ....tut!
PB 07 ST TDCI Galaxy 1.8 TDCi Ghia Mk 4 2.0 Titanium

Keep Smiling .... people will wonder what you're up to

#58 fatrep32

fatrep32

ST Addict

• Members
  • 2127 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 04:15 PM

He doesn't have a ST220 he drives a Focus ST170 which if i'm not mistaken is a poor mans Focus RS! :gayfight:

#59 Jamo

Jamo

Bigger Post Whore!

• Members
  • 5580 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 05:05 PM

My poormans Focus 170 !

Posted Image

#60 OverWhatHill

OverWhatHill

A bit of a tit!

• Members
  • 3595 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:39 PM

I paid for my car myself and I pay for the fuel. I've got a 3-yr-old 2.2 tdci - it may be common and it may be "the poor man's engine", but fell in love with it 2 weeks ago and had to have it. There's no turbo lag, you get max torque just above idle speed, it's got 6 gears so it keeps on delivering, and, if I calm down, I can get over 40 mpg urban and over 60 mpg M'way. Diesel is 10% dearer than petrol, but I get 20% more mpg on a bad day! Oh and all the toys! Bluetooth, voice control, electric sunroof, Sony stereo, seat heaters & coolers, cruise control, climate control...

Why argue over which one is best when they are all cracking cars! I'm a bit envious of the ones in Performance Blue, but mine does me well enough.

My dad drove a 2.0 Capri GT in the seventies - and he called it "the poor man's Aston Martin", so the snub is nothing new.

I love the music of a big petrol engine revved hard, that's why I did a Lamborghini Experience Drive for my birthday last year. But I drove there & back in my oil-burner. Shame I only had the 2.0 115 tdci then!

12-plate Audi A3 Black Edition 2.0 TFSi S-tronic Sportback in Ice Silver with DVD Sat Nav, Bose sound system, xenon headlights, Bluetooth, voice control, heated full leather seats, full electric driver's seat adjustment, privacy glass, heated auto dimming power-folding mirrors, titanium grey Rotor-style alloys, auto lights & wipers, and tyre pressure monitoring.

replaced my 59-plate A3 S-Line that replaced my Mondeo 2.2 TDCi Titanium X