DuxFORD 2009 Rules & General Guidance (read 2nd) - DuxFORD 09 - STdriveRS

header
header

News Feed

View All Updates

Photo

DuxFORD 2009 Rules & General Guidance (read 2nd)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 squelch

squelch

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 2923 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:17 AM

The following points must be adhered to by all attending DuxFORD 2009 to ensure an enjoyable & successful day is had by everyone: :L

1. You must ensure that your vehicle has current Tax, MOT (if applicable), and Insurance*.

2. All attendees must abide by the directions given by the event Marshals. They will co-ordinate vehicle movements and parking once on the Museum site. They will be wearing Hi-Viz jackets so will be easily identified.

3. There is a mandatory 15mph speed limit throughout the Museum site at all times.

4. Vehicles must remain parked in the designated display area and must not be driven around the site.

5. You must ensure your vehicle is in good mechanical condition, with no compromise to the external bodywork which may be of risk to the general public who will be browsing around the DuxFORD Stand on the day *.

6. Vehicles may not be re-positioned in front of exhibits for photographs. (note: We hope to organise an official Photo-Shoot in front of aircraft, but is yet to be confirmed)

7. No Dogs Allowed. Duxford is an active airfield and CAA regulations require that dogs are not permitted anywhere on site (registered guide dogs allowed on with prior arrangement). Any person bringing a dog will not be given access to the site.

8. Overnight parking or camping, or use of barbecues and gas stoves is not allowed.

9. Temporary structures such as gazebos, flagpoles, banners are not allowed.

10. All Museum buildings are strictly No Smoking. For those that do smoke, there are plenty of clerarly marked smoking areas though.

*We have to be more careful than usual on this one because its our own show, its not at one of the usual petrol-head hangouts. The venue is government owned and there will be a lot of public around us. We have consulted about 3rd Party Liability, therefore all cars on the stand (both Modified & Standard) must be roadworthy, have tax/mot/insurance. They also must be in good exterior order, i.e. no; broken/cracked lights, tie-wraps cracked or gaffer-taped bumpers, bits hanging off panels or any other exterior feature (e.g. jagged-edges) etc.

Ford S Max Titanium 2.5T 57plate
MEV Exocet and mk1 project on the drive

#2 jbsportstech

jbsportstech

Safety, View, Stability (SVS)

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 02:19 PM

Since some members have HID kits and other illegal modifications, technically they are not considered roadworthy in the eye of the Department of Transport and VOSA.

Are you happy with these car attending as long as they have an current MOT? May sound anal but it is technically accurate if you dealing with goverment installtions.
[color:red]
FOCUS ST170 5DR MAGNUM GREY 03 03
-Bluefin -K&N Filter- -Blue LED Interior Lighting-
-AP Racing Disk and Pads- Kumho Ecsta Sport Boots-Richbrook aerial & dust caps. ST Badges with 170 Chrome lettering.
[/color]

#3 MScotts

MScotts

Knucking Fackered

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 08:51 AM

If the car has an MoT then mods such as HIDs etc are acceptable. The caveat in the rules is to mitigate risk of public liability, as-per the caveat info at the bottom of the original post (above) :)
4-wheels - LPG converted ST200 Saloon Ltd Ed No.177
2-wheels - BMW Motorrad

Fancy a Grand Day Out this July...? Then take a squint at MEGaPod.
It's the STdriveRS summer event, held at Santa Pod on 03/07/11 with loads for everyone to see & do on the day.

#4 jbsportstech

jbsportstech

Safety, View, Stability (SVS)

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:28 AM

Scott I think you will find that incorrect!

How are they acceptable if a traffic cop stops you its illegal reagardless of whether or not MOT cert was issued with them on the vehicle. Where do VOSA or DfT regs say that after market HIDs without leveling system or headlight washer system are not road legal brackets (Unless an MOT tester says otherwise) I must of missed that bit.

Get real I am being anal I know but the british goverment invented anal.
[color:red]
FOCUS ST170 5DR MAGNUM GREY 03 03
-Bluefin -K&N Filter- -Blue LED Interior Lighting-
-AP Racing Disk and Pads- Kumho Ecsta Sport Boots-Richbrook aerial & dust caps. ST Badges with 170 Chrome lettering.
[/color]

#5 GingerTom

GingerTom

Streetkat !

• Members
  • 13522 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:30 PM

Don't worry it isn't going to happen. I have been to Duxford loads of times for the airshows and they are not going to patrol thousands of cars looking for illegal headlights etc.

They may be funny about something obviously dangerous but they don't have the manpower (or be bothered) about technicalities.

#6 MScotts

MScotts

Knucking Fackered

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:35 PM

Scott I think you will find that incorrect!

How are they acceptable if a traffic cop stops you its illegal reagardless of whether or not MOT cert was issued with them on the vehicle...

As mentioned in my previous post (above), we (stdrivers.co.uk and fordmondeo.org) are simply aiming to mitigate risk of public liability at the point where members enter the premesis to the point they leave it and return to the public highway.
The risk of any member with HIDs fitted being stopped by the police or any other enforcement agency whilst driving or parked up on the public highway is their concern, that could be any day in the year.

We have got a clear remit regarding the show and are following it to the letter. Likewise, any other show organised throughout the UK by other clubs and/or forums (and there are thousands to choose from), are only concerned by what they need to do to in order to ensure risk is reduced to a minimum whilst their show is in attendance. If you have experience of FordFair or TRAX (as examples), you'd know what extensively modified/ road leagal cars are driven there and displayed on the day. Our show at Duxford will have cars there which are predominantly standard.

I hope this answers your query :)

4-wheels - LPG converted ST200 Saloon Ltd Ed No.177
2-wheels - BMW Motorrad

Fancy a Grand Day Out this July...? Then take a squint at MEGaPod.
It's the STdriveRS summer event, held at Santa Pod on 03/07/11 with loads for everyone to see & do on the day.