DuxFORD 2009 - Info and FAQ (read me first) - DuxFORD 09 - STdriveRS

header
header

News Feed

View All Updates

Photo

DuxFORD 2009 - Info and FAQ (read me first)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 squelch

squelch

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 2923 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:52 PM

This is an information thread, please use the separate 'Attendee' thread to put your name down if you want to go....

Posted Image

We are delighted to announce ''DuxFORD 2009''.
This is the first official combined National event between the Mondeo Enthusiasts Group & ST Drivers. :L

Attendance at this event is open to all registered members of fordmondeo.org and stdrivers.co.uk

The Imperial War Museum Duxford was chosen as it is well located for our Spring-09 national event (just off the M11 at Junction 10 - see map below). It is also a brilliant place to visit, having exibits and activities for adults & children of all ages. Read on and click the links (the underlined bits) to see what's on at the venue :)

When: Sunday 5th April 2009

Where: Imperial War Museum Duxford

Getting there: SatNav = CB2 4QR; Address details = http://duxford.iwm.o...er/show/nav.129

The event is inside the grounds of Imperial War Museum Duxford on a large grassed area adjacent to the Airspace exhibition hangar and right next to the Mess Restaurant & Visitor Centre , therefore food/drinks/toilets/etc are only seconds away from the 'DuxFORD' event Stand.

Cost: £9.95 (for driver and your allotted car space on the 'DuxFORD' event Stand) ...

Note:

Price is per person, so if there’s more than just yourself in the car you’ll need to add £9.95 for each passenger.

You can pay for passengers in advance too, or on the day. On the day tickets would be £16 per person as they would have to go through the normal public entrance.

Advance booking is required for those wishing to have their car(s) on the stand.

If you want to come along but don’t want to have your car on the stand you can still book advance ticket(s), then park in the public car park.

Entrance for the under 16 years is FREE.

'DuxFORD 2009'' is scheduled to start at 1030am, the gate to access the 'DuxFORD' event Stand will remain open until 12:00pm.

The ticket price includes access to all exhibits and facilities at the Imperial War Museum Duxford, click HERE to explore what you can see whilst at the Imperial War Museum Duxford :content:
*aircraft & airfield images within the 'DuxFORD' header banner are used with kind permission from the Imperial War Museum*

If you fancy a flight around the area in a bi-plane?
You can by booking through Classic Wings. This is at extra cost and at your own arrangement...

Ford S Max Titanium 2.5T 57plate
MEV Exocet and mk1 project on the drive

#2 squelch

squelch

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 2923 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:53 PM

Below is a Q&A FAQ.

#3 squelch

squelch

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • 2923 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 09:54 PM

What is 'DuxFORD 2009'? :ponder:

It’s the fordmondeo.org & stdrivers annual spring event which gets the show season off the ground. The venue was chosen as it is well located with arterial roads accessing it, and was designed to appeal to ALL registered members from these forums as there's tons to see and do for adults & kids of all ages at the IWM Duxford (click the links in the above post to see more info) :content:

I'll be bringing one passenger and would like to have my car on the stand too. What's the total cost :ponder:

Tickets are £9.95 each.
You will need 1 (one) DuxFORD 2009 ticket for each person in the car, the stand pass is included in the price of the first ticket.

example:

2x tikets & 1x stand pass = £19.80. This cost will include admin and (UK) postage costs to send the ticket(s) and stand pass out to you on receipt of cleared payment :L

Remember, the DuxFORD tickets allow you to access all the IWM exhibits and facilities that the general public pay for when visiting the site.

I would like to go, but my car is pretty Standard and I’m not sure that it’s 'show-worthy' :ponder:

DuxFORD is open to ALL cars, whether they are Standard or Modified. It would be advantageous to have cars reasonably cleaned though; whether that’s a quick Jet wash & vacuum, or a full on scrub-down polish & detail :L
Please ensure you read and understand the Rules & Guidance prior to putting your name down.

I would like to go, but don’t want to show my car on the Stand :ponder:

No problem… You’re more than welcome to come to the event and participate with members showing , as well as take in all Even if you don’t want to have your car on the show Stand you can still book tickets to be part of DuxFORD.

DuxFORD tickets are about 70% less than the standard admission charge and provide you the same access to all that the IWM Duxford has to offer to the general public. Parking would be in the general admissions car park.

I would like to go to DuxFORD and have my car on the Stand, but I don’t have a Ford :ponder:

All car Marques are welcome on the Stand :L

I would like to bring family members to the event but I’m not sure they’d be that keen :ponder:

What’s on there during the day should appeal to not just the petrolheads amongst us or avid aviation fans, but members wanting a day out for all their family, and remember, kids under 16 go FREE :)

I am travelling a distance to get there and would need to stop overnight, where do I stay? :ponder:

There are loads of hotels and guest-houses which have pricing to suit all budgets. Click the following link to get a flavour of what’s available within a 20 mile radius of the IWM Duxford: http://www.laterooms...1&rt=1,0#rjphxc

Additionally, there are quite a few camping/caravan sites near the IWM Duxford. Click the following link to get a flavour of what’s available near to the IWM Duxford:
http://www.smileloca...vanning/duxford

What time is everybody planning to get there and how long do we get at the venue :ponder:

The private access gate for the DuxFORD Stand opens to Stand-pass holders at 10:30am. It would be good idea to get there no later than 11:00-ish, to grab an opportunity to do final cleaning post-journey should it be needed.

The intention is to run the show until approx 5:30 to 6:00pm :)

How do we pay for DuxFORD tickets? PayPal I assume :ponder:

I will start a group-PT to those attending with full Payment instructions, this will likely be around early to mid-March 09.

Do we get a "pass" to get on the show Stand? :ponder:

If you intend being on the show Stand, yes. In addition to entrance tickets, you will get a 'Stand pass' for your car. This will be posted to you with your ticket(s) and will enable you to drive past the public car park and get in through the private access gate that leads to the show Stand.

#4 slack05

slack05

Phone & ICE Expert!

• Members
  • 3506 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:18 PM

is it a mondeo only show
BEST SHOW CAR WINNER F.I.TP 2009
DEC 07 FAST FORD FEATURED
DEC 08 PERFORMANCE FORD FEATURED
SEE PRODIGYMOTORSPORT FOR OFFERS AND FORUM DISCOUNT

#5 MScotts

MScotts

Knucking Fackered

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 08:16 PM

No mate, it's open to all vehicles owned by registered members of either stdrivers.co.uk or fordmondeo.org (Ford or otherwise) :L
4-wheels - LPG converted ST200 Saloon Ltd Ed No.177
2-wheels - BMW Motorrad

Fancy a Grand Day Out this July...? Then take a squint at MEGaPod.
It's the STdriveRS summer event, held at Santa Pod on 03/07/11 with loads for everyone to see & do on the day.

#6 GingerTom

GingerTom

Streetkat !

• Members
  • 13522 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:20 AM

Are any other clubs (i.e. other makes) having a show on the same day or is it just us and MEG?

#7 MScotts

MScotts

Knucking Fackered

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 06:35 PM

Other clubs do use the IWM Duxford as a venue, the 5th of April sees just our event on that day.
Don't forget that beyond that there's the AirSpace exhibition, American Air museum, and Land Warfare hall only being a few of what's there to see and do whilst at http://duxford.iwm.org.uk/ and is included in your ticket price :L
4-wheels - LPG converted ST200 Saloon Ltd Ed No.177
2-wheels - BMW Motorrad

Fancy a Grand Day Out this July...? Then take a squint at MEGaPod.
It's the STdriveRS summer event, held at Santa Pod on 03/07/11 with loads for everyone to see & do on the day.

#8 GingerTom

GingerTom

Streetkat !

• Members
  • 13522 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 08:17 PM

Yeah I have been going to Duxford since the early 90s and it's a great place.