header
header

News Feed

View All Updates

Photo

St220 Wont Start After Fuel Starvation Issue..!

Fuel Pump Fuel Starvation

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 AztekDJ

AztekDJ

Learner STdriver

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo ST220
  • Name:Mike Jarvis

Posted 16 June 2017 - 03:06 PM

Hi Guys,

This issue that started off with a fuel pump problem is now starting to annoy me.!

I removed the fuel pump to find one of the internal pipes had come off, pushed the pipe back on and the car flew into life at the turn of the key. Initially (will explain later) I couldn't use this pump again as the crappy connector break so easily.

So I bought another new complete pump for £65, which I fitted only to find one of the connectors wasn't sealing properly and was leaking quite badly..!  I took it back and fitted it there on-site, only to find this one was also leaking badly at the same connector. Lucky enough the suppliers were cool letting me keep that pump and refunding me the money as well.!

So after this I decided to bespoke the fitting on the top of my original pump and replace it with better quick release connectors, as you can see in these images..

Attached File  Photo on 15-06-2017 at 11.59.jpg   145.31KB   1 downloadsAttached File  Photo on 15-06-2017 at 12.01.jpg   51.24KB   1 downloadsAttached File  Photo on 15-06-2017 at 12.00.jpg   189.66KB   1 downloadsAttached File  Photo on 15-06-2017 at 12.00 #2.jpg   200.09KB   1 downloadsAttached File  Photo on 15-06-2017 at 12.04.jpg   163.79KB   1 downloads

Since taking these pix I have up-dated the set-up by removing the 45º angle connectors and replacing them with straight inline ones, as I had a fuel starvation issue, due to one of the standard plastic fuel pipes having a kink in it that was over stretched because of the length of the new bespoke one.

So the now the pump works perfectly all the fuel pipes are in good positions, not kinked and no leaks, though now the car wont start properly, it does fire up for a minute then dies..?

ANY IDEAS..? As I have checked everything, fuses, fuel pressure, fuel cut-off switch, bled the injector rail etc...

#2 AztekDJ

AztekDJ

Learner STdriver

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo ST220
  • Name:Mike Jarvis

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:07 PM

Thanks for your replies :kaffeetrinker_2: , though I've solved the issue and she's running like a dream again..! :banana:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fuel Pump, Fuel Starvation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users