3 replies to this topic

#1 tomoso

tomoso

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo 155 st
  • Name:tom tomson

Posted 09 June 2017 - 03:00 PM

Can,t seem to get to the bottom of this. At speed 60/70 mph my Mondeo ST, judders like hell when I use the brakes, at 30/40 mph it is hardly noticeable, I've had 2 sets of new pads and discs fitted to the front of the car and discs and pads fitted to the rear thinking that I had warped discs ! I've had the wheels taken off and balanced and the car has been to my local MOT testing centre and put on a rolling road, they cannot find anything wrong and say that the brakes and discs etc work as they should ! I've had this problem quite some time now and would really appreciate it if anyone could help me .

#2 phil19gti

phil19gti

Getting better

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Name:Phil

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:59 AM

Possibly drop links?

Or maybe the hubs.

#3 tomoso

tomoso

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo 155 st
  • Name:tom tomson

Posted 23 June 2017 - 02:22 PM

Cheers Phil, will try this if all else fails, at the minute replacing both brake calipers if this doesn't work will replace both discs .........Again ! Someone even mentioned steering rack , the list goes on, thanks again

#4 phil19gti

phil19gti

Getting better

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Name:Phil

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:38 AM

Cheers Phil, will try this if all else fails, at the minute replacing both brake calipers if this doesn't work will replace both discs .........Again ! Someone even mentioned steering rack , the list goes on, thanks again

Check the drop links.  Apparently they are very common to fail on the Mondeo but luckily, are very cheap to change.

Made a world of difference on mine when I had all four done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users