StevenF

Trundling along

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Name:Steven

Posted 03 June 2017 - 07:56 AM

Hi Folks,

I've had my mk3 ST TDCI for over 5 years and lowered it on 40mm Eibach years ago. I've noticed for a long time now that the general ride of the car is very, very harsh. There is no give in the suspension at all over bump/potholes etc,. The car just shakes, bumps and judders over them, making the ride very uncomfortable in roads which aren't very well maintained. There are no knocks or anything like that, just a very hash ride which I don't remember having when I originally bought the car. 

​I have decent tyres fitted to the car which I always pump up to the recommended PSI, so I don't believe its that. I also replaced the two years shocks last year. 

Any ideas what it could be? I was considering buying a new car but I've decided to keep the Mondeo and try sort out a few niggles. 

​Cheers,

Stevie 

#2 TerrieA

TerrieA

Getting better

• Members
  • 1058 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:ST TDCI

Posted 03 June 2017 - 06:07 PM

I think it's just how they are. 45 profile 'Extra Load' tyres don't help. That and the fact that if where you live you have the same quality of road surface as I do (think 'village in Afghanistan' and that's what my car had to deal with). I think you'll have to put up with it!
Machine Silver, Leather/Alcantara Recaros, Xenons, Satnav, Privacy Glass, Adv. voice control. Now with Park Assist - after 2 seconds practise reversing into a wall.. :nono:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users