#1 Mquinton1980

Mquinton1980

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:ST220 Estate
  • Name:Mark Quinton

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:41 PM

Hi All

I'm about to change employment and lose the use of my current company car. As a replacement I have been looking to purchase a Mondeo mk4.5 Titanium X Sport and was originally after the 2.0 ecoboost engine. However I am struggling to fine one as they seem to sell almost immediately therefore i have consider the 2.2 200ps diesel instead as there is much more to choose from. The problem is I was initially after the petrol engine as my place of work is only 3 miles from home which is not ideal for a diesel but I will also be visiting customers throughout the week that could be anywhere between 0-30 miles away via rural roads and dual carriageways. 

Therefore my questions is how well does the 2.2 dpf cope with shorter journeys, I know it's not ideal but some diesel engines cope fine with low mileage such as the VAG 2.0 TDI 170 in the octavia vrs and golf gtd. Equally other engines and dpf setups seem to fair a lot worse and wondered where the Mondeo fits in this?

Regards

Mark

#2 Grifftheceilingfixer

Grifftheceilingfixer

Getting better

• Members
  • 439 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:mondeo st tdci
  • Name:Mark

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:55 AM

I have run 2 focus 2.0 tdci both have had dpf on and all so mapped make sure you get the engine really warm the give it boot
I find this will usually trigger a regeneration if it needs one .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users