1 reply to this topic

#1 machinesilver

machinesilver

Just passed!

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:39 PM

Hi Guys

ive had my traction control and handbrake lights on for almost 6 months now with no luck on trying to cure this.  

At the moment my speedo and all speed related displays are offline with '---' showing and my abs light, traction control, and handbrake light are on.

I have had this taken to a garage who tried communicating with abs and he says he cannot communicate with the abs pump,  we event tried plugging another 2nd hand pump in however same issue.

The EML error code being thrown up was 1039 - Manufacture control  and p1032 'incorrect speed sensor' from what i believe to be there meanings.

Any way the issue kept going and coming intermittently, for the last month the issue has persisted solidly as though whatever was breaking intermittently is fully broken now.

What should i do ? does p1039 mean anything useful?  at times my abs lights have stayed on but my speedo has started working but its been over a month now since it all stopped working.  Is there anything anyone can suggest before i go and attempt an abs pump change again?  im thinking there may be an electrical short circuit somewhere?

any help / advice is appreciated - thanks in advance

#2 danielpalfrey

danielpalfrey

Trundling along

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:ST220
  • Name:Daniel

Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:33 AM

The p1039 Is telling you that the sensor used for speed is malfunctioning. now it doesnt mean the code itself is accurate but I would think it is from your problems. I would start with the speed sensor / sensors. I believe they are attached to the wheels, though I cant be certain here.

You could even take it to ford and get them to run the diagnostic (expensive I know) but they should be able to communicate properly with the car and find out what is wrong.

Dan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users