3 replies to this topic

#1 Rocky786

Rocky786

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo ST220

Posted 15 October 2016 - 08:44 AM

Hi All,

I have started to develop a rattle when giving some revs (below 4k) and from reading around it seems that my exhaust flexi pipes are likely to be the cause and should be replaced. Indeed, at the last MOT six months ago, my mechanic said they will need replacing at some point.

Where is the best place to purchase these at a reasonable cost?  I know Ford do them, but I have heard they are around £120 each!

Any help greatly appreciated.

#2 danielpalfrey

danielpalfrey

Trundling along

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:ST220
  • Name:Daniel

Posted 08 June 2017 - 06:28 AM

I know this is late, but when I needed mine doing, I took it to a local exhaust manufacturer who cut out the old section and welded in a new piece, since then I have found that this is something many garages do. I would suggest checking around or using whocanfixmycar

And see who can do it the cheapest.

#3 Rocky786

Rocky786

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:Mondeo ST220

Posted 11 June 2017 - 11:55 PM

I know this is late, but when I needed mine doing, I took it to a local exhaust manufacturer who cut out the old section and welded in a new piece, since then I have found that this is something many garages do. I would suggest checking around or using whocanfixmycar

And see who can do it the cheapest.

Thanks mate.  

At the last MOT in March, my trusted mechanic told me exactly what you have above.  In fact, he said an independent company can fabricate the flexi hoses at a fraction of the cost of the dealer.

He said they do not need doing yet, and could last another year, and I have to say the rattle appears to be less pronounced than before, and performance is still spot on.  So I will wait to see what happens at next MOT.

Thanks again for replying.

#4 danielpalfrey

danielpalfrey

Trundling along

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • Vehicle Driven:ST220
  • Name:Daniel

Posted 12 June 2017 - 05:07 PM

No problem mate. I ended up paying my bloke £280 for a custom stainless exhaust and the flexi repair. I can't complain at that :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users